Mossy Oak Winter Peas

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
deerdown

Mossy Oak Winter Peas

Postby deerdown » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:36 am

I was wondering if anyone has planted any Mossy Oak Winter Peas and could maybe provide some feedback on the results .. growth success, deer attraction times, planting climates, soil types.  I've got a 1/2 acre plot I planted in Wintergreens for this fall that I was thinking about splitting it up with some winter peas next year.  Any pictures would be awesome!  Here's a shot of the greens I'm hoping to have some success over this fall .. no browsing yet ... waiting for frost!

It's a fine line between passion and obsession ... my wife reminds me of this each fall

ranwin33

RE: Mossy Oak Winter Peas

Postby ranwin33 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 am

I've never used Mossy Oak Winter Peas, but I have used Austrian Winter Peas - we get from the local MFA.  They don't get but maybe two to three inches tall and the deer mow them down.  I've planted them in mixes with grains and clovers, doesn't matter, the deer find them and their gone.  I guess they'd be a great foodplot if I could get the deer to let them grow a bit.  When I bought them last year they were 50 cents a pound so you might want to compare that to what you're paying for the brand name.

eaglesfan71

RE: Mossy Oak Winter Peas

Postby eaglesfan71 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 pm

i don't know about mossy oak winter peas but i do know about tecomate peas they are mowing 1/2 acre plot down every morning and evening and the peas are holding there own they love this stuff and i have tried a bunch of different food plot. I'll try to get some pix for u. GOOD LUCK

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management