3-D deer targets

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
Sailfish

3-D deer targets

Postby Sailfish » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 am

Which brand/models do you prefer and why?

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

bckklr

RE: 3-D deer targets

Postby bckklr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 am

yo fish great question im in the market for one myself but i already have 2 one is a blueridge & i wouldnt take another if you gave it to me its been durable but pulling arrows out of it is a nightmare  its 5/6 years old then i have a big a#$ deer its a mckenzie large deer rear end with a small deer front half hense a big a#$ deer i gave 5$ for it probably 10 years ago & its been wonderful the other day a guy gave me an aim rite buck by mckenzie but the vitals were toast so i called mckenzie to purchase a new set of vitals and they said that mckenzie sold out to delta & delta thru away the old aim rite molds bad news for me but if i was gonna buy one today it would be one with a layered vital insert (i want a turkey target but have you seen the prices of them less foam more money?)
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Panman1949

Postby Panman1949 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:35 pm

I have a McKenzie Tuff BuckII and I dont want to tell you how hard it is to pull arrows from!!!  It has a foam insert and wish now that I had spent a little more money and bought one with layers.  It is the only one I have used, but my layered box target is easy to remove arrows from and it stops them just as well.  Hope this helps a little.  Pan

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:08 am

ORIGINAL: Panman1949

I have a McKenzie Tuff BuckII and I dont want to tell you how hard it is to pull arrows from!!!  It has a foam insert and wish now that I had spent a little more money and bought one with layers.  It is the only one I have used, but my layered box target is easy to remove arrows from and it stops them just as well.  Hope this helps a little.  Pan

Good stuff!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 am

I have a GlenDel buck, the original, with the foam insert. I personally love this target, and it is quite simple to remove arrows from...Its a little more than most others but you get what you pay for.
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:32 am

http://www.rinehart3d.com/   If you find better than this let me know. Bought one of these, cannot remember the name, small buck feeding with vitals showing on one side, you can shoot either side, you can quarter , pretty much whatever. You can shoot field points or broad heads. Self healing and it does work.  We bought this for a sportsman club, probably 10 of us shooting on a fairly regular basis and it still looks brand new a year later. We only shoot field points, not sure it would hold up that well with braod heads but I don't know that.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 am

i spray a rag with silicone spray and wipe practice arrows with it . they pull from delta tasrget much easier after that.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 am

Here's my first shot at a 3d deer. I made this one for about 30 bucks. It was a small buck at first but I couldn't get the antlers to stand right.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:11 am

Ok I'll try loading this picture for the 5th time.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:20 am

Mag, that is outstanding, care to share any secrets.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting