bushnell trophy cams

reeper0697

RE: bushnell trophy cams

Postby reeper0697 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:54 am

Yeah, I know its my cam and I thought about sending it back a while ago but didn't want to during hunting season. I talked to the guy I bought it from, he's kind of a d*ck, and he said I was the only one who had a problem with one. He also went on into a bunch of BS because I know he forgot I'm the one who actually told him about this camera from hearing about it on this site and then looking at it on chasingame.com (he only sold one other cam). But I remember hearing about them having problems with quality control with these cams at one time.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:21 am

Ok, after doing some researching, etc, I think I like what I'm hearing about these Trophy Cams.  They are IR too?  I have been using Moultrie D40s, and they have performed OK for the price, but battery life seems to always be a factor.  Any of you have anything negative to say about these?  Also, what's a good price I can get these for?

Thanks!
QDM!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:14 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

Ok, after doing some researching, etc, I think I like what I'm hearing about these Trophy Cams.  They are IR too?  I have been using Moultrie D40s, and they have performed OK for the price, but battery life seems to always be a factor.  Any of you have anything negative to say about these?  Also, what's a good price I can get these for?

Thanks!

Yes, sir, they are IR. You will be happy with this cam. I would keep an eye on ebay for one. Someone also posted a link somewhere on here, I think, where there was a decent price on them. The only complaint I had about mine was the sensor range like I mentioned above. But even at 50ft it won't compare to your D40's (mine anyways)

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:24 am

ORIGINAL: buckhunter21

Thanks!

I can't say enough about the trophy cams! I feel like Bushnell should be paying me as much as I have been talking about them. When you find something that is so many miles ahead of everything else out there, it's good to share with everyone else. The only thing I have had go wrong with my trophy cams is one of the latches broke on the housing. Although it was broken, it worked just fine. I contacted Bushnell and they sent me another to replace it. They are IR cams and they work as good or better than all the others I have tried. Like you, my biggest reason for searching through different cameras was battery life. I have been keeping up with the thread on this subject also. I have a D-40, it is the older one that takes the 6 volt battery. I have had at least one camera from almost every manufacturer. I was always trying to come up with better ways to get more life out of batteries. Well, in short, the Bushnell Trophy cam is the answer to all of these battery issues. Seven months now and two sets of 8 regular AA batteries! These cameras have ran more than half a year on $20 worth of batteries. Tell me any other camera that can make that statement. The triggers are fast, they give very good quality pics day or night, easy set up, small package and for under $200 each. You just can't go wrong in my opinion. I am selling all of the other cams I have this year and will invest that money into Trophy Cams! I have heard that they are going for around $160 or so on E-bay. I don't know this for a fact but it's worth checking out. I know I talked to Bushnell directly and they said that if I were to buy 8 or more they would sale them to me for $150 each. With the service and reliability I have gotten so far, they would be a bargain at $250 or more. I've paid more than that for cameras that aren't half as good as these cams are. 

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am

You've sold me on them.  We've been using Wildviews and Moultries for the last few years.  We're ready to make a change as these are all starting to fail.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Is there a picture counter on the inside of the Bushnell Trophy cams?  Any other displays on the inside panel?

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 pm

ORIGINAL: 2tonyb

Is there a picture counter on the inside of the Bushnell Trophy cams?  Any other displays on the inside panel?

The Bushnell Trophy Cams come in two different configurations. One has a built in picture viewer and one just has a digital display for set up. Both have a picture counter, so you know how many pics are on the camera. I have the one's without the picture viewer. These still have a display for setting the camera up and a picture counter. I didn't want to be able to view the pics on the camera, because it would tempt me to stay in the area to look at pictures. I just carry a spare card with me and switch them out. I take the card back to camp and look at pics on my lap top. That way I spend as little time in the area as possible and that keeps the area from getting contaminated with my scent.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:28 am

Personally, I wouldn't spend any extra money on the built in viewer. It is tiny and really hard to look at pictures on. Another thing I don't like about the viewer is that every time you go to the next picture it goes, "BEEP" which is annoying. I do what has been said above just bring an extra SD card and look at the pics back home.

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:28 am

Hey Hammer,
I own 2 Trophy Cams & have nothing negative to say. I've had them in the woods since September & now have them set up outside my house & in my shop because my Truck was broken into 3 weeks ago (let them try it again!).
I am really trying to kill the Batteries in these things & as of today I still have full battery life.
I am running the Lithium batteries & have heard they will last a year in this camera at 3 mega pix.
I plan on purchasing 2 more this year. Awsome, Awsome, Battery life. Stay tuned, I will let you know if the 1 yr battery life is true or not but the way it's looking I would say yes.

shadow

Postby shadow » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:18 am

NC Deer Hunter, (or whomever has experience with the Bushnel Trophy Cams). What is the picture quality difference between setting the Trophy cam at 3 megs or 5?
And as far as battery life, I also stoked mine with the Ultimate Lithium, will I get less battery time because I have mine set at 5 megs asopposed to 3?
With all the deer you may have taken there holds in your memory a special place i'm sure for each one you killed.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras