Florida Roll Call!

SwampLife

RE: Florida Roll Call!

Postby SwampLife » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:01 am

Just found the board.

Born and raised in Broward County. Hunted everything from public to private land, From Big Cypress up to a Calhoun County lease. Done slayed almost all of my animals in the heart of our state(Palm Beach county to Osceola County). I never pass up an opporotunity to hunt private land, but killing (or electing to pass) respectable deer on public land has become my passion for the last few years. I feel it is my responsibility to help dismiss the 'Florida has tiny deer' rumors... Florida hunters kill young deer, is more accurate.

This year i was fortunate and after passing on a half-dozen scrub bucks, a muzzleloading quota hunt yielded me a decent 152lb 10 point that surprised me at only being 2 1/2 years old, talk about potential...well, would have been potential. To make up for killing that up and comer two weeks later on another Muzzleloader quota hunt i passed a 2 1/2 year old 7 pointer that was right around 100 inches. Another reason i passed him is that i was hunting a 120 inch 9 point that ended up getting harvested the first day of gun.

Anyways a bit lengthy of a roll call post...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 am

Welcome!

Looking forward to your posts and contributions!!

Always nice to have some new Floridians join the forum

This is a great place for sharing and gaining information!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

pcbfish

Postby pcbfish » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 am

[color="#cc0000"][size="7"]GONE!!!! Deleted from this forum !!!!!!!! It's a waste of time.[/size][/color]

Previous

Return to Florida