Peepsight

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
HiddenHornsRanch

Peepsight

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

I currently have a peepsigt on my Bear Instinct, and when I first bought it I had problems with it sliding up and down, so I took it to Bass Pro and they tied a string above and below it but it still moves up and down...does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep it from doing that???? or should I just take it back an get bass pro to fix it agian????
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

danesdad

RE: Peepsight

Postby danesdad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:52 pm

I might be wrong, but I think you can heat that string to keep it in place.

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Sounds like they didnt tie their knots properly.. You can try pushing the string they tied above and below your peep sight towards your peep sight as a temp fix... In the long run you are going to need to have it retied..

Also I dont know if you have a peep with the rubber tubing attached or a in the string peep I find the in the string peeps are far better Personal opinion though.. The peep with the rubber tubing if that is what you have the tubbing might be to short and pulling harder than it needs to be at full draw, causing your peep to move upward. There should only be enough tension on the tubbing to turn your peep straight at full draw..

Hope this helps.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:37 am

I had that problem once too. Make sure there's a half inch of serving above and below the peep. Also as Dansdad said a little heat will help. Wax your string as normal and don't forget the string around your peep. Then use a heat gun not a lighter and warm up the wax. This will help keep it from moving. One last thing. Mark the string above and below with a sharpy. This way if your groups are off a little you have a reference mark.

Hope this helps 

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:22 am

If it is a Tru Peep or any number of the tear drop designs, they can be fully served into the string to prevent movement

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 am

Like highlander said they can actually put the serving around the peep then up and down on both sides of it. Shouldnt move like that.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks for the help, Ill get to work on it this weekend...and no the knots from bass pro weren't tied very well at all...
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:01 am

obviously the place you took it, hasnt got a clue. Dont take it back. Learn to tie your own, its simple and all you need is waxed dental floss and a lighter. I would not take any bow (for any reason)to a dealer that cant even tie a peep in properly.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:06 am

I'd like to add onto this thread if I may.

What method do you use  to ensure your knocking point is in a good starting position? And from there, do most of you paper tune?

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:34 pm

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

I'd like to add onto this thread if I may.

What method do you use  to ensure your knocking point is in a good starting position? And from there, do most of you paper tune?

Single Cam start Ncok point 1/8 to 1/16 nock high using a bow square, if adjustments are needed from there, they are usually down in 1/32 inch increments.

Paper tuning is a double edged sword. If you have poor or inconsistent form you will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out what is causing the poor tears. Paper tuning is not the end all to beat all, you must group tune(Walk back tune) your bow also out to at least 50 yds to eliminate any erratic flight issues.

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting