Ashtabula Rod & Gun club

mah712rn

Ashtabula Rod & Gun club

Postby mah712rn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 am

Anyone a member of the ARGC.  New to hunting this year and looking for a place to get with like minded individuals and learn as much as possible.  I'm in NE ohio and this seems like the only social club around.  Hoping to  develop more skills and maybe through social networking find some new palces to hunt as I have had a great time this year bow hunting but unfortuneatly looks like I'll have tag soup my first year.

epd68

RE: Ashtabula Rod & Gun club

Postby epd68 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

there are many hunting shooting clubs in the area try WESTLAKO gun club on rt 608 between rt 6 and sisson rd in hambden twp     try CROOKED CREEK CLUB on rt 534 just south of rt 166  also EUCLID RIFLE AND PISTOL off rt 86 theres also excellent public hunting at HAMBDEN ORCHARD WILDLIFE AREA on rt 608 at sisson rd (804 acres)  and GRAND RIVER WILDLIFE AREA on rt 534 south of mesopotamia which has approx. 7200 acres       AUBURN MARSH WILDLIFE AREA(bow only )    contact the ODNR  for maps of local public hunting   i can tell you from personal experience that hambden orchard has big deer and low pressure during bow season.....gun season is still decent but bring a compass/gps because people do get lost in the 804 acres it is thick but with plenty of mature trees to hang a climber on 

mah712rn

Postby mah712rn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:33 am

Thanks for the info EPD.  I was off yesterday and drove out to Hambden Orchard. Seems like a nice place. Hiked out to the hardwoods pass the orchard. I will try there next season but need a climber first.  I currently hunt in Dorset this is about 30 min closer which is nice.   I saw the Weslaco club and emailed them for info. Do you or have belonged to any clubs?  Any pros and cons you can pass on to a newbie. 

epd68

Postby epd68 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:44 pm

crooked creek has 250 acres plus rifle pistol range plus archery range ,trap/skeet ,nice clubhouse ,camping,fishing euclid rifle/pistol on whitney rd off rt 86 has 200 acres and is equally nice i would recommend crooked creek because it offers more and it is mainly a trap/skeet club so the bow pressure may be light i have belonged to crooked creek for 20 years it is a solid club i belong to ORCO gun club in geneva on rt20 behind the northridge yamaha dealership but its a shooting club only no hunting i have not hunted crooked creek (i dont know why) but it is in hartsgrove which has alot of deer if u do your scouting well hambden orchard will pay off for you but bring your gps

Return to Ohio