New to MD - Excited for Bow Season

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
marshall9779

New to MD - Excited for Bow Season

Postby marshall9779 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:16 am

I have the Bear Instinct. I shot a doe with it last year and am gettting really excited as this season is rapidly approaching. For me it is only 2 weeks a way. I have a five pin Trophy Ridge sight, shooting through a wisker biscuit with 28.5" Beman ICS Hunter arrows, with 100gr G-5 Montecs. I just got my bow up where I live no from my parents live in VA. I have had it out a few times in the last couple weeks and man I don't think I have ever shot like this. 20yds - all in the 2.5 in bull everytime. 30yds - 1 in the bull, 2 bairly out, so about a 3"group. I will practice at 40yds this weekend and see if I can get comfortable there.

I am new to Maryland and don't know anyone besides my in-laws who has private land. They have about 4 acres and always have deer in the back yard. but the next door neighbors who hunt say the other neighbors don't like people bow hunting around there. I have found a 2000 acre WMA only 20min down the road and have checked it out once. I already picked one stand tree out, and some one else from a previous season had the same idea as there was a hook sticking out about 20 feet up. I need to get back this weekend and do some more scouting. If I find 2-3 more possbile stand trees, then I'll be set. It's a nice are with crop fields and varying density of timber. I ought to be able to do some good there. I hope everyone else is as excited as I am.

JOEL

RE: New to MD - Excited for Bow Season

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:20 pm

welcome to the world of bowhunting try the local forums at the bootom of this page maybe they'll be able to help ya some more.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to Archery and Bowhunting