bushnell trophy cams

SHKYBoonie

RE: bushnell trophy cams

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:03 pm

ORIGINAL: shadow

NC Deer Hunter, (or whomever has experience with the Bushnel Trophy Cams). What is the picture quality difference between setting the Trophy cam at 3 megs or 5?
And as far as battery life, I also stoked mine with the Ultimate Lithium, will I get less battery time because I have mine set at 5 megs asopposed to 3?

The picture quality between 3mp and 5mp will not be all that much different viewing it at say 8"x10". It's really only when you blow them up to poster size that you see differences. Where the difference seems to come in is night time photos. With a 3mp, some of the pics may be blurred if the subject is moving at all. With the 5mp the pics are much more clear in this same situation. There still will be some blurring of the image but not nearly as bad.

On any camera, the higher the mp's the more battery it will take to deliver a picture. This is because the photo is made up of more pixels. A pixel size is the same across the board. 3mp compared to 5mp, it's still a picture of the same thing, ones just fewer pixels than another. It's like comparing a 5x7 picture to an 8x10. The clarity is just better because of more pixels in a smaller space thus using more energy to make that same photo.

Hope this answers your questions.

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 am

I really like my Bushnell Trophy Cam and highly recommend it to anyone that is thinking about buying a new camera. I did some research on cameras before I bought mine and had read a lot of good things about the Bushnell. For the price, you can't go wrong. The small size of the unit is great and the pictures that this camera takes are fantastic, day or night. I have not had a single problem with my Bushnell and plan to buy 2 more this year.

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:52 am

I just got one of these for Christmas. Set up was a breeze. Someone asked about prices. This is the cheapest I have been able to find. Hope it helps!

http://www.ambientweather.com/bu119405.html

bwhntr

Postby bwhntr » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I couldn't wait, just purchased a new Bushnell Trophy Cam. I have not put it out yet, but will this weekend. I have devised a mount, so that I can attach the camera to a tree, up away from those who would like to take a peek or other such, cannot reach it. Unless they have the means to do so. Mainly, it will get the camera out of their line of sight. Send me a PM, and I will be happy to give anyone out there the info.  I am also working on one for the Cuddeback.

TeamHammer

Postby TeamHammer » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 am

ORIGINAL: 4khorn

I just got one of these for Christmas. Set up was a breeze. Someone asked about prices. This is the cheapest I have been able to find. Hope it helps!

http://www.ambientweather.com/bu119405.html

are they a good site to buy from?

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am

that is a pretty good price, what was the shipping cost though???????

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 am

Yeah, that's is a GREAT price! Bad thing is they are out of them and they do not know when they will have more. The shipping was also supposedly free when you purchased from this sight. That would have been even better.

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:22 am

They are out huh?  That sucks.  Sorry about that.  I'm going to go out and check mine today.  Hopefully everything is ok, last time I checked it I had some pics come out red. 

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:38 pm

that sucks, it is like the sales on black friday when they advertise a tv for 50% off but only have one....darn that was a good deal

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:27 pm

I went out and checked my cams today. It is the first time sense the middle of Dec. I had replaced the batteries in all of the cams before I left the last time. The first one I checked was one of the Trophy Cams. It still had a full charge and had not missed a beat. Then I checked my other Trophy cam and same thing, still going strong. Had 5 more cams out and these range from Moultrie, CuddieBack and Stealth Cams. Oh, And one of my friends Wildgame Innovasion IR4.0 cams. (That thing is a joke! Good for about 85 pics on a set of batteries.) They were all dead as a hammer. Most of them stopped taking pics when we had the first really cold weather come in. That's right! ALL of them were dead except the Bushnell's! This has got to be the best money I have ever spent on trail cams. I cannot believe these cams! We had some nights that were way close to 0 or lower and they haven't faltered at all. Some people say, well the trigger speed probably isn't as fast as the Cuddieback. I say, I'll give up a little trigger speed for the battery life of the Bushnell's any day. I haven't had a problem with pics that have nothing in them. A few with maybe the last end of a deer, but I've had just as many with only the head of a deer also. You can bet you will not see a commercial comparing Cuddieback to Bushnell any time soon!

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras