Lets see those sheds!

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
4khorn

Lets see those sheds!

Postby 4khorn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Anybody found any sheds yet? I would love to see 'em.

logawhit01

RE: Lets see those sheds!

Postby logawhit01 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:13 am

The Bucks in Georgia still are carrying theirs!

I asked one the other day if he was willing to part with his and he flagged me - so maybe it will take another cold snap for us to see them start to drop.
Enjoy your hunting, Love God and then your family

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 am

I plan to start looking in about 3-4 more weeks.  Stay tuned.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Went out shed hunting/scouting today. I didn't take my lab because I had to do a few other things too and figured he would get board with that. I looked in all the known places that I have found sheds before. I didn't find the first one. Things are still pretty green in KY and I found a few scrapes and rubs that were not all that old. Some may have dropped already but I think most are still wearing their headgear. I'll go back out in a few weeks and check again. Maybe this time I will be able to bring the dog. He sure does make it alot easier!

Powell1120

Postby Powell1120 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:45 am

Found this one just today. Pretty fresh. Off to a good start for me, one trip one shed. should get pretty good over the next few weeks as long as we don't get any big snow storms. Good luck guys.

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Nice find Powell! Hope there are many more to follow.
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Went out today in the snow storm and found a few sheds. Found one nice half of a 10 piont shed, matching set of an 8 piont and half of a 4 piont shed. Dog found them all! He's doing a great job. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. [:D]

smitty

Postby smitty » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Good Dog [:D].
"Freedom Isn't Free"

Cgull

Postby Cgull » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 am

Been hiding old sheds and playing fetch the shed with my 10 month old choc lab, hope she enjoys shed hunting in the woods as she does in the yard.  She has no problem finding the sheds I've hid. It'l be so much fun having a dog lend a helping hand while shed hunting.
we should insist the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn`t an American at all

Quickdraw

Postby Quickdraw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:04 am

I did but they were still attached to the bucks heads[:D] I have been scouting over the last two weeks and seen two different, larger bucks with their head gear still on so I have not stepped in the woods hoping they will hang around long enough to drop them.

Next

Return to Shed Hunting