bushnell trophy cams

NC Deer Hunter

RE: bushnell trophy cams

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:45 am

Bushnell's gonna make alot of money off of these Cameras. At this time I wouldn't buy anything else.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:21 am

I have read all the post and it sounds like its a great camera.  I just got off the phone burning my bridge with cuddeback because of there customer service and how they want me to pay for repairs when they sent me a bad camera.  My question is what is the warranty on this camera.  Also SHKYBoonie could you post a couple daytime pictures so we can see what they look like.  If you could that would be great thanks.
Scott

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 am

ORIGINAL: gunther89

I have read all the post and it sounds like its a great camera.  I just got off the phone burning my bridge with cuddeback because of there customer service and how they want me to pay for repairs when they sent me a bad camera.  My question is what is the warranty on this camera.  Also SHKYBoonie could you post a couple daytime pictures so we can see what they look like.  If you could that would be great thanks.

I have only had one problem with my Trophy cams. One of the latches broke, so I call Bushnell. They were easy to deal with and sent me a latch to replace the broken one plus a few more just to have as spares with no charge. They are easy enough to put on, so there was no need in sending it in to them. I have owned several other Bushnell cams through the years and never had any problem with any of them except they ate batteries as fast as you could stick them in. With the new Trophy cams, they have fixed that problem. I think the best customer service is the one you never have to use. I talked to the guys from Bushnell at the QDMA Convention and they were very willing to help with anything. The one rep. even gave me his direct number in case I had problems. That means alot in my book.

Here are some daytime pictures for you. The daytime pics aren't very much different than any other cameras I have used. All seem to take pretty good daytime pics. It's usually the night pics that show a difference.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 pm

ORIGINAL: SHKYBoonie

ORIGINAL: gunther89

I have only had one problem with my Trophy cams. One of the latches broke, so I call Bushnell. They were easy to deal with and sent me a latch to replace the broken one plus a few more just to have as spares with no charge. They are easy enough to put on, so there was no need in sending it in to them. I have owned several other Bushnell cams through the years and never had any problem with any of them except they ate batteries as fast as you could stick them in. With the new Trophy cams, they have fixed that problem. I think the best customer service is the one you never have to use. I talked to the guys from Bushnell at the QDMA Convention and they were very willing to help with anything. The one rep. even gave me his direct number in case I had problems. That means alot in my book.

Here are some daytime pictures for you. The daytime pics aren't very much different than any other cameras I have used. All seem to take pretty good daytime pics. It's usually the night pics that show a difference.

Wow that is some great daytime photos!  It also sounds like the customer service is alot better then Cuddeback.  I am pretty sure I will be buying this camera soon.  Thanks for showing the photos.
Scott

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:20 pm

One more thing to ask, what is the difference between the trophy cam with text LCD and the regular trophy cam.  Is there a difference, any help would be appreciated. 
Scott

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:13 pm

gunther89, There are only 2 models to chose from on the Trophy cams. The base model has the LCD set-up screen and the other has a color picture viewer. The picture viewer is about a $50 add on option. There is no difference in the cameras themselves. I didn't get mine with a picture viewer because it would only tempt me to stay in the area and look through pictures. Thus making me leave more scent in the area of the camera. I just have 2 SD cards for each of my cameras. That way I go in, open it up, switch it off, change out the card, switch it back on, close it up and I'm out of there. I either take a digital camera with me and look at the pics on the way to the next camera or in the stand. Most of the time I will just bring them out and look at them on the laptop I keep in my truck.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 am

Well I just bought a trophy cam so I can't wait till it gets here.
Scott

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 am

The Trophy Cam is definitely the best camera investment that I made. I have owned a few of the Stealth Cams and just was never really that impressed. I did a little research on Cabelas website to see the customer feedback on different cameras. I had originally planned to buy a Cuddieback but I didn't want to pay the prices for a camera with IR. I saw the Bushnell trophy Cam and read a lot of great reviews on the camera. I paid $200 for mine and once I saw the pictures this camera took, I was sold. I plan to buy 2 more this year. The small size of the camera is also an added plus and is very easy to program. Here are a few pics from my camera this past fall.

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:23 am

Wow, not too often do you not even get one basher or negative response! I was sold on the capture and have had good luck with it, but I may look into buying one of these.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Well I got the camera in the mail today and the daytime pictures are great but now when its dark out the IR photo's are turning out black.  It's just black with nothing showing in them.  When I turned it to the setup mode and took a single picture the IR worked.  I have never owned a IR camera so I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or what.  The memory card is in so that isn't the issue.  Any help would be great.
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras