bushnell trophy cams

SHKYBoonie

RE: bushnell trophy cams

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Scott, on some cameras it takes a few minutes for it to switch from daytime pics to night. So, set it how you want it, switch it to "ON", take it to a dark place and leave it be for awhile. Then walk through it's path. Make sure no light gets to the camera before you do or it might try to reset to daytime. Try that and let me know how it works out. I would hate for you to have gotten a bad camera after all the hype I put behind it.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Well I put the camera in my basement with no lights on for over 30 minutes.  I then walked by in front of it and it still is taking black pictures.  The first picture is when I had it in the setup mode and took the picture by hand and the second picture is when it was in the on position.  I don't know what to think anymore except to call bushnell on monday.

Scott

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Yeah, I would do that. I have looked all through my info on these cameras and can't find anything on the IR's. I think what is happening is the daytime filter isn't moving out of position when you go to the "ON" mode. This is the iris on the camera. It closes down in the light and opens up at night to let all available light in. Some reason it is staying in daytime mode. Can you see the IR's light up red when you walk by it?

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 am

When I walk past it the IR's red lights light up.
Scott

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 am

I would say that it is defiantly the daytime filter then. When you switch the camera to "ON" the daytime filter should move into position. You can actually hear it if you listen closely. For some reason it is not ever opening up for night images. Bushnell may be able to tell you what to do over the phone. It may just be something in the settings that you can adjust. Let me know what you find out.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 pm

I will be returning the camera back to amazon where I purchased it.  I don't trust camera's anymore that are broke to begin with.  I haven't lost faith in Bushnell and I am hoping that at the Madison Deer and Turkey Expo they are there and I will talk to them and maybe buy one there.
Scott

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 pm

I wouldn't give up on the Bushnell Trail Camera's just yet.....the new 2010 Models are suppose to be even better and more improved,just buy one from a supplier that will stand behind their products.Even some of the best name brand Trail Camera's have their faults and problems,I've had to return my Cuddeback Capture IR Camera and ended up buying a Moultrie I-60 that performs wonderfully for me,I even bought a second one this past Christmas. 

Try the following Suppliers for prices:

www.trailcampros.com

www.woods-n-water.com

www.chasinggame.com

www.bassproshops.com

www.cabelas.com

www.walmart.com

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Well I just bought another one about 3 days ago and got it in the mail today and this one works just fine.  I really like the nighttime videos on it and will be putting it out this weekend.
Scott

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 pm

The video's are amazing! Let me know how it works for you. I think you will be just like me, totally worth the money.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras