2009 Journal

MassMan20

RE: 2009 Journal

Postby MassMan20 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:05 am

Grats on the doe soxfan.....BUT!!!!.....im going to have to find a new forum i cant be talking to red sox fans...i hate the red sox lolol....Go Yankees!!!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:33 am

Lmao, MassMan20. Always find haters out there. You can like those Skankees if you want, I wont hate you...too much. lol.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:21 am

ORIGINAL: soxfan

Het Deanoz, glad to hear that you are a REDSOX fan. I took a nice size doe yesterday. She came up from the river and walked right out in front of me. I couldnt pass her up. Made a nice double lung shot and watched her run for about 40 or 50 yards turn look back and then fall over. I did think I was going to have a heart attack dragging her out but did manage to make it. My buddy and I will be butchering her up this afternoon and once again be enjoying some venison steaks! 

Congrats!  So this was at Ramenessin?  I hunted along the stream/river several times...I know they cross there, they just never did when I was hunting ...go figure, lol[8|]  Of course I was hunting mostly mornings, so maybe afternoons are the trick there especially now in the late season.

Hunted my buddy's backyard this morning. His property is on the backside of Earle NWS anf goes pretty deep.  He actually took a buck there last weekend.  The dude cracks me up...was his first time on stand ALL SEASON...sat two and half hours, buck comes by around 0800...BOOM...buck down, season over for him, lol!  As for me...I saw nothing this morning...I'll be heading back out there Tuesday morning and hopefully end my season.

Rayning Blood

Postby Rayning Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:34 am

Soxfan,instead of having a heart attack dragging the doe out solo,there was no other hunters in the area willing to lend a hand?I've been going in that area for some time now and usually see someone.Then again,it is public land in N.J. so chances are anyone you see will probably just say"nice deer,i passed it up"and continue on their way.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:59 am

LMAO Rayning Blood. I did run across another hunter that night. We call him "the trophy hunter". He is above shooting anything less than a six pointer. I told him that I was about 1/3rd of the way done dragging and was going back to finish. After I told him that I had shot a doe, he said that they dont weigh too much and that he had to leave. NICE... just the kind of friend I was looking to make...lol. Gotta buy a cart by next year. The thrill of getting a deer doesnt help drag that last 300 yrds, BUT once you got it in the truck there is no better feeling. I hope to run into you there someday and if you need help, I am there for ya. Good luck.

Rayning Blood

Postby Rayning Blood » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:47 pm

Its always good to give a guy a hand out there.By the way,Deano,with the hours you put in your various stands,you're due for victory any day now.I think just about everybody I know has had a stretch where for whatever reason tags dont get filled.But I aint givin up because its just a matter of time(even though the season ends soon)

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:46 pm

Wow, this is great, glad to see Jersey hunters representing...and I have to say every one that I've met on this forum from Jersey seems to be straight up and nice people...which is refreshing considering some of the ones I've come across while hunting public land.  Rayning Blood welcome to the forums...and thanks for the words of encouragement.  I'm definitely not giving up, its just getting close to the end of the season and I've got maybe two or three more hunts I can squeeze in.  Looks like we all hunt Raminnessin, which is cool...I think I know the Trophy hunter dude you and soxfan are talking about, lol.  Have to say though I've met some pretty nice people at Raminnessin.  Just curious if you guys are having better luck there in the mornings or evenings?  Hey how would you and soxfan feel about getting together for a hunt there before the season ends...at least if one of us gets lucky we can help one another drag the deer out, lol?  Good meeting you all...I'll be in my buddy's backyard Thursday morning for one last hunt there...good luck to you both!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:40 am

DeanoZ I have seen all my deer in the evening. I have heard them walking around me in the morning but it was well before daylight. As far havin a hunt together, sounds like fun. I wont be out this sat because I have my kids this weekend but will be out all day next sat. I will probably be out monday morn and tues evening this week...all depending on the wind.

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 am

Well just got my Z7 in on monday...only got to shoot it 2times so far...but im in the bull from 20 to 35 everytime...took about 15mins for me to set 20 yards up...the bow is great..i love it...gl on your hunts

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:36 pm

Soxfan, sounds good..unfortunately I'm working all weekend (actually on a biz trip in Texas) and next weekend is out for me.  I might be able to get out of work early this Tuesday depending how things go on Monday so I'll keep you posted.  I figured the evening would be better there, at least this time of year.

MassMan, that's awesome, I've been looking into the Z7's myself.  Have not had a chance to shoot one yet, but how do you find the draw cycle on it...is it as smooth as they say?  What lese can you tell me about it?  Do anymore hunting this year or you done for the season?

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey