08 Moultrie I-40's=junk?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bowtech21

08 Moultrie I-40's=junk?

Postby bowtech21 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm lookin into buyin another game camera very soon and since i don't really have too many bad things to say about the 07' I-40, i was going to buy an 08'. Well i was reading a review on chasingame.com and they said the 08's have gone downhill...now even slower trigger speed ( 3 sec ), black/white pictures during daytime hours all the time....whiteouts...anybody hear anything or read any other reviews that were different/the same? One more thing...i was readin a review on the same website for the Scoutguard SG-550 Digital IR flash 5.0MP on sale from 299.99 to 199.99, and the review was pretty much very positive. I've never even heard of Scoutguard but apparently, it's a pretty impressive camera. Anybody? Thanks...

FFKEVIN

RE: 08 Moultrie I-40's=junk?

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Check out http://www.chasingame.com/

They have reviews on every camera made!  [:D]

Legnip

Postby Legnip » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:53 pm

The SportsmansGuide has a 5.0 megapixel IR stealthcam that is under $120. I think I might give it a try.
From those who much is given, much is expected

Goose

Postby Goose » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 pm

I just purchased an i40 this July and have had it out since. Got no complaints about it, I have had the white pics during light but could still see everything. The response time is good as far as I can tell, no blank pics. It is sensitive in my opinion to weeds moving or whatever but Id rather have that then not sensitive enough! For the price I cant complain yet! Is it the best camera out there? Probly not but for 200 and good battery life it works for what I need. Just my 2 cents.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 pm

How can you tell the O7 models for the 08 models?I was thinking about getting a Moultrie I-40 becasue I've heard good things about them so far!

Our local Hardware & Lumber store has the Moultrie Camera's in stock for right at $200.00 and it is pretty tempting to get one!I guess I need to go to ChasingGame and see how well the new Remington "Ghost" trail camera's work too...they are listed at our local Wally Worl for around $137.00 I believe?

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 pm

ORIGINAL: Goose

I just purchased an i40 this July and have had it out since. Got no complaints about it, I have had the white pics during light but could still see everything. The response time is good as far as I can tell, no blank pics. It is sensitive in my opinion to weeds moving or whatever but Id rather have that then not sensitive enough! For the price I cant complain yet! Is it the best camera out there? Probly not but for 200 and good battery life it works for what I need. Just my 2 cents.

Goose,

Have you updated the software on your I-40?  You can go to Moultrie's web site and download the update to your SD card.  Then all you have to do is put the card in your camera and update the software.  It is an update to correct the whiteout problem. 

I have two M-40's that I updated and I don't hardly get any whiteouts anymore.
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

HiddenHornsRanch

Postby HiddenHornsRanch » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:37 pm

I have an 08 Moultrie I-60 Infrared camera in March of this year, for a little over 250, and I will personally recommend this camera to anyone. I have had it out at various locations since the second day I had it, and so far have taken the better half of 1500 pictures on enhanced imaging, still have 55% battery life. Have had no whiteouts or any problems of any sort. Great image capture and strong infrared flash. Great camera for a cheaper price.
KINGSVILLE A&M JAVELINA

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 pm

FFKevin,

No I have not done that, I will now thanks for the tip!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Return to General Discussions