2009 Journal

Rayning Blood

RE: 2009 Journal

Postby Rayning Blood » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:25 am

Nice deer Boopie Jr. My kid's like soxfans in that he likes to eat but like most kids these days he has no patience for sitting.If you cant get a kill in the first 5 minutes the attention span is gone.And if you dont even see any,its hard to get them to keep at it.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 pm

Soxfan I was actually in the second field to the south of the most northern of the east fields and about halfway down the field.  If you were to take the main trail, when you get to the old chicken coop go left and at the bottom of the hill turn right into the tree line..it backs up against the thickets and overgrown orchard.  The deer have been hiding out in there, only problem is there are no good trees inside the orchard and since you can't hunt from the ground the deer know they are relatively safe.  I think I know where your stand is, I hunted on the other side of it at the point where the draw separates those two fields.  I only hunted it once and saw a few does but no bucks that day...I had debated going to that spot again on Friday, but glad I chose the other for obvious reasons.  I'm going to try to get out again, but it may not be until literally the last week of the season.  Like I said, I've worn out all my get out of jail free cards with the wife...she's had enough this season and I can't say I blame her considering the amount of time I put in.  Your right about taking the doe early in the season and I won't make that mistake again next season.

Boopie, I was about to suggest the same thing...its rare to have this many Jerseyians on the forum, rarer still to have so many hunting the same areas, and most rare that we are for the most part Red Sox fans, lol...so I think a get together post season is definitely in order.  There is another hunter, CutnGut who posts here as well.  He helped me secure a nice piece of public land to hunt in Flemington.  We've kept in touch throughout the season and have tried to link up for a beer but our schedules never coincide.  So lets definitely do this post season.  BTW, if any of you turkey hunt and want to get together for a hunt, I'm down with that as well...let me know who is in for the get together and I'll set it up.  Who knows, maybe out of it we can form our own club, pool our resources and find a nice lease to call our own.

MassMan20

Postby MassMan20 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 am

DeanoZ!!! Grats on the doe man...i was really happy to login today and see that
boopie...thats a great pic..he is hooked for life now

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks MassMan...was a good ending to my season :)

cutngut85

Postby cutngut85 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 am

DeanoZ - Congrats man! I have been so busy lately it's not even funny! Between the new house, all this snow and a crazy work schedule haven't had a minute to do any posting, let alone spend any time in the stand. Great to hear you finally got yourself a deer this year!

To everyone else, welcome to the forum! Boopie - Awesome pic!

Good luck for the rest of the season!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Hey CnG, thanks and great to hear from you.  No worries bro, we'll get together at some point.  Sounds like you have alot going on right now...we'll catch up once the season ends.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 am

Anybody hunting the last weekend of the season? I will out all day friday and all day saturday, windy or not!
   As far as getting together for a beer, that sounds great! I live in Edison so lets pick a day and somewhere in the middle of everyone. 

boopie8166

Postby boopie8166 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 am

Hey deanoz definitely up for a turkey hunt.  We have to find out what zone and what time frame a/b/c.  Like we said we gotta all get together and work out a plan.  still working on  the lease.

Soxfan~I lived in South Edison for 20 years, now residing in South Plainfield.  where are you in edison?  Graduated Edison high in 84
IN MY WORLD FASTER IS BETTER

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:26 pm

hey boobie, I live in the condos right across the street from the menlo mall. I graduated from Rahway High in 82.
  Hey deanoZ, I just got back from taking deer number three. Number two at Raminessin. I hooked up with RayningBlood. Thank God, because the snow was deep and hard to walk in never the less drag out in.
  Thanks RayningBlood for all your help!
  WE will be out tomorrow afternoon to end the season.

Rayning Blood

Postby Rayning Blood » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:38 pm

No problem soxfan.I needed the massive cardio workout anyway,save a trip to the gym. hopefully tomorrow ill have the energy to draw the bow

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey