Ladder Stands, Love or Hate?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
ZEEK

RE: Ladder Stands, Love or Hate?

Postby ZEEK » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:14 am

I hear ya paulie, I've done the ol' spin half way around the tree while climbing down after taking the ratchet off. It will raise your awareness of safety. I put my ladders in multi trunk trees now. If I can't find one I use a hang on. I also started taking one section of my rapid rails to secure the stabilizer bar to the tree. Seems to help the vertically chalenged.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:28 pm

I have to admitt it...I'm a Tree Stand-Aholic! LMAO [;)]

Lets see....I have a Big Game Partner-Plus Ladder Stand for 2-people,it has a fold-down bench seat and fold-down shooting rail,I have a 15' Big Dog 1-man ladder stand,and ended up buying a second one and a 3rd one that was on sale this Fall,I have a Rivers Edge 17' foot ladder stand that is very nice with a larger seat and landing to stand on,it also has the nice side rails,a fold-up seat and a removable shooting rail...liked it so much I bought another one that was also on sale too. Lets see...I'm up to 6 ladder stands and I bought a new Rivers Edge Ground Blind for Turkey Hunting and Bow Hunting...Oh and I have 1 Hunters View Climbing Stand.

I must say that I feel safer in a ladder stand,I can move around better and the Rivers Edge ladder stands are made very good,they are more comfortable and they have some really great features on them compared to the other ladder stands I own.I also use the AmeriStep magnetic camo leaf strips to conceal the ladder rungs.It so much easier and quieter to just climb up into a ladder stand and sit down and harness my safety harness than to noisily climb up 15-20 feet in a climbing stand,then have to get situated,strapped in and pull my Bow or Gun up to me.  [:@]

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Yea ladder stands are the way to go!!!
I like em because they keep the noise levels down!!!

just creep in and sit down!!!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 am

I like to get higher off the ground than a ladder will get you. I'd also be worried that someone else might be hunting from it when I'm not there.

It is nice not to have to tote a stand in & out with you. We have a few tripods at the lease that are 22' to the bottom of the platform which are nice to hunt out of in bad weather.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Ladder stands are the only way to go. We have over a half-dozen set up on the 2 propertys we hunt, and between those and commercial ground blinds, we have more stand sites than we can decide on which to hunt.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Each stand type has pros and cons.  I love ladder stands since they are super easy to use once set up.  If you only have one and want to move it constantly, then it can be a pain.

I just bought two 15 footers from Mendards last night for $40 each.  Gonna put one in my yard to practice from.

Mrs. Patriot has yet to get a shot at a deer in two seasons.  She thinks it's time to get up in a treestand....been hunting on the ground only.

I used a climber stand this year for the first time.  I have to admit, I hated it to begin with, but now am loving it!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

lswoody

Postby lswoody » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:51 pm

I love ladder stands. I have 4 that are 15'ers, 7 or 8 that are around 10'-14' and yes I have killed deer from the 10'ers. I also have some hang on's and 3 or 4 climbers. A couple of tripods too.I use them all but my favorites are the ladder stands.
Proverbs3:5.6

Iowahuntress

Postby Iowahuntress » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 am

After my fall from a hang on,while getting i, I went to ladders and I wont go back. They just feel safer now. They are a little more dangerous to put up and take down,but after that they are fine.

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm

And you can purchase the H.S. Systems Life-Line, which my buddy and I use.......

You install it in conjunction with your ladderstand, and once it`s up, you`re safe going up, and back down the ladder..........well cheaper than a visit to the Emergency Room.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

Previous

Return to Tree Stands