2009 Journal

DeanoZ

RE: 2009 Journal

Postby DeanoZ » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey Boopie I ended up putting in for zone 12 A,D,E and for the second lottery Zone 9 A,D,E.  And South Plainfield is right down the road from me, as is Rahway Soxfan..I live in Scotch Plains.  Congrats on the third doe...did you get her in the same spot you were talking about?  Good that you and Rayning Blood could get together, unfortunately i had reserves this weekend so I missed out. Let em know what days work better for you guys Thurs, Friday, or Sat and we'll find aplace in the middle and meet for a brew!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:52 am

This is really turning out to be a small world. DeanoZ, I used to live in Scotch Plains..lol. Divorse changed that though. RayningBlood and I hooked up yesterday, saw some deer at last light but they came out on wrong side of field. Yes I got my doe from the same spot, but, just to keep the record right, it was my second doe. I did take a 5 pointer early in October but not Raminessin. The next 6 months are going to take so long. I cant wait to get back in, especially those first few days when the deer arent too leary yet. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did and hope we can hook up a few times next year. I dont know if you or Boopie have stands in Raminessin or any Momouth county park but we met up with a ranger and he informed us that due to the snow you now have 3 weeks to get them out instead of 2. As far as meeting for a brew, just let me know when and where. I do have my children this weekend and every other, so try to make it on an off weekend for me. Hope to hear from you soon.

boopie8166

Postby boopie8166 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:13 am

Deanoz - i'm putting in for zone 12. I'm good any weekend, so just let me know when it works for everybody. If we can all get on here on a friday or leave messages no later than friday to set up when and where we all can meet in between. talk to you guys later
IN MY WORLD FASTER IS BETTER

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:27 am

Wow...that is weird SoxFan that you were from Scotch Plains?  We'll that will give us more to talk about when we get together.  Gotcha on the stands, no issue for me I always used a climber in Ramminessin, matter of fact I use a climber period...with as many stands as there are in the parks you need one just to get into those spots, especially if someone put a stand there but rarely shows.  I did have fun, but like I said it was a hard season for me..I think if I had taken the does /bucks when i had a chance instead of passing early season, I would not have felt as much pressure to get a deer...it almost made it more of a mission than a passion yanno...and i don't like that feeling, takes away from the experience.   Ok so its potentially looking like we might try to get together next Friday?  i have to check, if that works for me..not sure what the wife has planned.

boopie, where you plan on going in zone 12, private land or public?  Looks like I'll be checking out Turkey Swamp...its close to work so I can get a morning hunt in during the week (if I get my preference in the lottery) and then not burn any vacation time.  Anyway, we'll talk more when we meet up.  See ya soon fellas!

Previous

Return to New Jersey