What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Goose

RE: What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

Postby Goose » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 am

I bust my butt all year working, save what I can, buy what I am able to, and don't worry about what I cant afford.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Stickman

Postby Stickman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 pm

I work as a heavy equiptment mechanic and am not well off by no means so I save during the year to buy my hunting supplies.

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 pm

I read on hear how alot of you are referring to having a very understanding wife. I have a very good wife, but she knew I hunted when I met her. That's not going to change. She never gives me grief about hunting or the $$ I spend on it, just as I never give her grief about any of her hobbies and the $$ she spends on that. I'm not "well off" by any means, I make a decent living and so does she. We put away for retirement and make sure the kids have what they need. Matter of fact, after spending a Summer with me around all the time, she's glad to get rid of me for awhile. I think I would come closer to a divorce if I didn't hunt.

I too have a young somewhat new baby girl. She's 18 mo. now. Yeah, I'm 40 and probably should have put a little more thought into having another one this late in life, but I wouldn't take anything in the world for her.[:D] I've slowed down a little, so maybe I will get to savor it this time. We planned my Daughters birth between hunting seasons. No birthdays between Sept. and May (Deer and Turkey Season). We enjoy alot of the outdoors time together as a family too. I do understand having obligations to family and work and all I have said before may come off wrong to some of you, but I have been hunting longer than I have been doing anything else besides taking breath. Whatever the cost, I will be hunting until I draw my last breath![;)]

BillHilly

Postby BillHilly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:28 am

My cuzin Elmer and me picks up cans out on 66 hwy did you know theres fellas that will give you money for beer cans that got no beer left in um. we takes that money and buy us some bullets powder and deer stamps. here in missouri you can kill as many does as you want long as you have some stamps to wrap round their foot can only kill one deer with horns with a flint lock and can take two deers with horns with my stick bow aint life great
Born on a mountain raised in a cave Huntin and truckin is what I crave

wdkoepke

Postby wdkoepke » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I do a little saving up through the year, but most of my huntin money comes from selling steers and feeder cattle, i make a lot of my own stuff so i don't buy much, in fact last year all i bought was my lisence and ammo, everything else i either had already, made myself, or did without

JChurch

Postby JChurch » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 am

Overtime and profit sharing money

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am

Lucky for me I have a great job! I will save $ from time to time for long trips, but I usally will just have enough money layin around to get me from point A to point B.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

I am pretty much counting on folks to keep paying into the Social security System to keep me afloat ! [:D]
Semper Fi !

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I, like Goose, work my behind off. I plan what I'm going to buy and when. I'm always shopping for bargains. If need be, I put aside money until I have what I need to buy they item(s).

FastEddie,
Your welcome.Image

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

There are a lot of good deals at the end of the hunting seasons ( treestands , camo clothes , blinds , archery equipment , etc ) . It's a good time to shop . It's amazing how much they knock off on the prices .
Semper Fi !

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News