I wanna lose weight

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
fatbob240

RE: I wanna lose weight

Postby fatbob240 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 am

No worries. I'm only harmful to deer....Besides, I'm affraid of the dark.[:D]
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 am

ORIGINAL: fatbob240

I hear ya loud and clear JPH. I'm 5'9" and 240 pounds with visible abs and a 33" waist but my insurance premiums got jacked up sky high because of my BMI. According to the "insurance Gods", I am grossly obese.

your a big boy!!!

You boarder on Jay Cutlers stats!

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

fatbob240

Postby fatbob240 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 am

I wish! I'm around 200 lbs when I compete, nowhere near Jay's 260+ in contest condition. Don't wanna do the drugs or commit all of my time to get that big....Not sure I could. I Like the outdoors too much to dedicate myself to "eat, sleep, train". Would much rather "eat, sleep, hunt"! [:D]
Goal: 1 shot= 1 kill

jelura5

Postby jelura5 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:03 am

The best way to loose weight safely is to just cut out fatty foods, and things you dont REALLY need such a crisps, chocolates etc.
I lost 5 lbs in one week eating cerial for breakfast with semi or skimmed milk…cerial such a weetabix (as this helps digestion) with fruit such a grapes (not bananna as this is hig in carbs)…for lunch, brown break with sliced white meat or ham woth plenty of salad and water to drink with some fruit.
then for dinner, steamed fish/chicked with salad or veg..try and cut out big amounts of potato, but if you do have potatio have a jacket spud.
no sauces such as mayonnaise etc…
drink plenty of water..and dont snack of crips & choccie….snack on fruit, rice crackers or low fat yoghurt. that was 5 lbs on one week, without excersie! imagine how much more i could have lost in that week with some gentle excersice!!!!!
hope this helps.

PA Big Game Hunter

Postby PA Big Game Hunter » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

I just wanted to give you all an update. I bought my own scale a week ago and weighed myself several times and every time it came back 266. I guess the scale I used before was wrong. I an exercising and eating well. Except I can't stop eating mayonnaise and popcorn. I CAN'T DO IT! Thanks for all your tips and support. Ill update again

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 pm

ORIGINAL: MSHunter

The key to losing weight is to burn more calories that you consume.

You don't have to burn more calories than your body can consume; you just have to make sure you aren't consuming more calories than your body can burn; exercise will burn the excess, hence the weight loss.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 am

My wife has gotten me to pay closer attention to labels on food and counting calories.  There are calorie counting web sites where you can keep track of your daily intake to get a better idea of where you should be intake-wise. It is amazing how much sodium & fat is in the processed foods sold in this country. They don't allow that sort of thing in Europe.  The FDFA needs to adopt better nutritional standards so we aren't having to pay jacked up insurance rates to cover all the food-related health issues we have here. Daily exercise, portion control, and limiting junk food intake will make the pounds melt away.

Fruit & vegetables are your friend.  Rather than pounding down a bag of chips with lunch, have an apple or pear instead. Rasins are a better sweet snack than a candybar.

Congratulations on your success so far & good luck maintaining that dietary lifestyle.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Relentless

Postby Relentless » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:01 am

I too, am on an almighty diet and exercise program.  I am 6'2" and weigh 242 roughly.  I started the year at around 250.  I have never been more dedicated yet the scale is not showing my efforts.  I have a friend in NE that is affiliated with Cross Fit and he has been sending weekly workouts since the first of February and I am doing them...even the brutal ones.  Last night I ran 4.5 miles in 47 minutes and 30 seconds.  I have NEVER ran that far in my life.  Then I had 10 minutes worth of strength training afterwards.  I know it will pay off at some point and I am more concentrated on my figure than the scale at this point.  I am not fat by any means but, as JPH points out....according to BMI I am obese.  My biggest downfall....which I have cut back on CONSIDERABLY is the good ol BUD LIGHT!  Again though, I know my efforts are going to pay off....they just might not show so well on the scale. 

My purpose is to be healthier, run a 7 mile race in July, look better, weigh less, and be in shape for my elk hunt in CO this fall!

Good luck to all!
Bucks and does alike, if I ever lose the rush leading up to and after a kill, I will hang it up. Knowing me, that will never happen.

metrx

Postby metrx » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:04 am

ORIGINAL: buckfarmdude

ORIGINAL: MSHunter

The key to losing weight is to burn more calories that you consume.

You don't have to burn more calories than your body can consume; you just have to make sure you aren't consuming more calories than your body can burn; exercise will burn the excess, hence the weight loss.

Isnt that the same thing?

JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:42 am

ORIGINAL: Relentless

...Last night I ran 4.5 miles in 47 minutes and 30 seconds.  I have NEVER ran that far in my life.  Then I had 10 minutes worth of strength training afterwards... 

...My purpose is to be healthier, run a 7 mile race in July, look better, weigh less, and be in shape for my elk hunt in CO this fall!

Sounds as if you are well on your way to meeting your goals! Screw the scale and the BMI!

I'm not a "crossfitter" per-se but I borrow heavily from their site. It's a good philosophy in my opinion because it is centered on performance.

PreviousNext

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness