Insight on Deer Cam Please

rwtaylor48

Insight on Deer Cam Please

Postby rwtaylor48 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:18 pm

We need a camera that is weatherproof, works very well in the dark, has infrared capacity, has a long range of 300 ft. or more, the longer the recording capability the better, operates on batteries/is wireless, and has a hand held receiver (kind of like the ones in a baby monitor), where you can see all that is being captured on it while on. We want to be able to see all the stuff it is picking up and have it stay on all night or at least for 2-3 hours.

Any suggestions?

2tonyb

RE: Insight on Deer Cam Please

Postby 2tonyb » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 am

300ft???? That's a tall order!  I'm not aware of any that detect that far. Even if one could, it seems like there would be a lot of unwanted trips like limbs, weeds, birds, etc.  As far as a hand held reciever goes...like cell phone capability?

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I would suggest looking at heavy duty surveillance equipment.  Like 2tonyb said, 300 ft is a tall order, as is the live wireless feed.  Get with some PI's or folks in the security business and see what they recommend...and be prepared to shell out some serious $$$

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 am

Your looking at a very expensive camera I work surveillance advise before buying it make sure there is lighting where your putting it if you get a surveillance camera the night vision won't kick in without a light reflection. The camera will come waterproof with a heating sensor in it so that's covered, but you will have to run a power supply

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:35 am

IR camera .... 100 yards ..... I don't think so !
Semper Fi !

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

I'm lost on what your trying to accomplish...?Like several others here are You want a Trail Camera or a Surveilance Camera?We need more specifics on what your trying to accomplish? [8|]

A regular Trail Camera will in fact have the IR capabilities,stay on "Ready" mode all night long and even weeks and months for that matter until it picks up heat or movement/motion then it will take a picture and it will in fact carry out for a long ways picking up whatever is behind the object that triggers the picture but it is going to pick up the object from close up to about 45 to 50 feet out only.

Links of standard Trail Camera's with/without IR capabilities:
www.moultriefeeders.com
www.bushnell.com
www.camtrakker.com
www.cuddeback.com

If your looking for a High-end Trail Camera that will pick up further out than most camera's on the market the RecoynX Camera's are the best on the market and You will pay around $400.00 and Higher for them.For a good Trail Camera that will take a picture and send it to your cell phone and/or Web Site then You need to look at the Moultrie I-65 and I-45 Camera's that will take pictures and host them on their Managed Web Site or the Smart Scouter that does the same thing.Your talking around $400.00 to over $500.00 for the set-up/cameras and then there is a monthly fee for accessing to their Web Site to view your pictures and the fee is higher for the amount of pictures taken.

www.moultriefeeders.com link for info about this Brand.

www.smartscouter.com link for this Brand of Camera

There's one other High-end Trail Camera that has a unit that sends the pictures straight to your Computer...I'll have to look that one up to get the name of it....better have a thick billfold,it runs over a $1000.00

Want to look at lots of Brands of Trail Camera's, how they perform and prices...check these Links out:

www.trailcampros.com

www.chasinggame.com

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am

I am with the other guys, 100 yards is a dream at night however during the day I have vids of deer at 50 yards walking away...

you would be lucky to get night pictures at 30 feet, and you would still be saying I think that is a deer!!!!

LOL john

Return to Scouting Cameras