Whats the big idea?

smitty

Whats the big idea?

Postby smitty » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 pm

What are your new plans for this years antler excursions or venison ventures? 

My top goal's are hunting the wind more efficiently and not spending too much time around my stands messing around leaving scent all over the place.  Both are simple mistakes I seem to make all to often.

Im also going to have one new food plot tilled in, to make three. Then in two other spots, use a tip from the forum, and in mid to late september spread a bunch of rye in two other spots then weed-wack or mow down all the weeds and see how that works.  The post said the fallen weeds will help protect the rye and hold in moisture.  We will see.
"Freedom Isn't Free"

Ohio farms

RE: Whats the big idea?

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 am

One thing that I'm going to try is "hinge cutting" to create more cover in a portion of our woods.  Need to replace one of our treestands, so I will be building that early this spring. Winter is getting really old.  I need spring. 
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 am

Buy my own hunting property. (but I've said that for at least 8 years)

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 am

After I talk to the farmer that owns the land and make sure it is still Ok with him that I hunt there.  I plan on going to my hunting grounds and building a couple of tree stands and do more scouting.  While I am up there I also plan on cleaning up some more shooting lanes.  I would lie to have shooting locations lined up so that way no matter which way the wind is coming from I can hunt that area without freaking the deer out that htee is a stinky guy in the area.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:22 am

Putting in food plots on my property up north and then I'll be working hard this spring acquiring access to some big buck land down here in SE Michigan. I'll also be adding a video camera to the mix this year, so it ought to be interesting
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

Return to Michigan