Lets see those sheds!

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
droptine1

RE: Lets see those sheds!

Postby droptine1 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:26 am

walked about 4 miles in 3 days no sheds yet

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 am

Checked my trail cam on Valentines day.  Had 6 bucks on film and all but one were still sporting their antlers.  The exception was a spike that had dropped one side.
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 am

This is always a sad time of year for me. The deer move off our small property by the time they drop their antlers, so there's never any sheds for me to find. I've looked, and I go out every winter and check the trails, especially after a fresh snow. But the only tracks I ever find are my own. Plenty of deer all year, but once they group up for the winter, they just don't happen through our woods until spring.

carolinacountryboy

Postby carolinacountryboy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:51 am

i walked about ten miles yesterday (yeah i had alot of time on my hands) and all i found was a 3 point shed and a turtle shell! i was wonderin if they is any speacial ways to do it cause my dog is to lasy to lol
Give me a Saturday night my baby by my side
David Allen Coe and a six pack of light
Old dirt road and ill be just fine
Give me a Sunday morning that full of grace
A simple life and I'll be okay
Here in small town USA

ghosthunter31193

Postby ghosthunter31193 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:27 pm

ORIGINAL: carolinacountryboy

i was wonderin if they is any speacial ways to do it cause my dog is to lasy to lol

i'm with you on that one. i've looked all over the place and i cant find anything.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 pm

Viperman same thing here

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:05 pm

This is the weekend to be out in Central Wis with all the snow melt happening. Our group has 32 so far, 8 sets, couple we found last Sunday have been chewed on so it is best to find them right now. We have a ways to go to catch up to last years 77 but then we all know our Wis deer numbers are way down!

Jslotter

Postby Jslotter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

I have been searching for sheds for about 13 years and haven't found a single one. My friends will go out on their lands and find a crap load. I been researching on how to find these things and talked with guys who find sheds like its nothing. I put alot of miles in walking thru the woods and still not a single shed found. Anyone else have the same issue?
I only hunt on days that end in ' Y '.

brentru

Postby brentru » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I found a matching set (8 pointer) in MD three or four weeks ago which had just been shed the night before. Haven't found any in VA, but the rodents may have eaten them all by now. They were starting to drop in late December in some parts around here. I heard it was in part due to the fact that there was a lousy acorn crop this fall.

PreviousNext

Return to Shed Hunting