Add on sites for vent rib barrels

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
berudd

Add on sites for vent rib barrels

Postby berudd » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:07 am

Since I have been deer hunting in some areas that are a little more populated last season I was thinking about using a shotgun with slugs next year.  I thought I would try to experiment on the cheap and get a site that will attach to the vent rib of my 1100.  Has anyone tried this sort of site and had any luck with it?

msbadger

RE: Add on sites for vent rib barrels

Postby msbadger » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59 am

Yes but I have to say ...don't use me as an indicator...I just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it ...waste of money for me....I don't do change well[&o]...it was one you had to line the back sight up with the front sight.....my muzzle loader was the same and I had to get a scope for it...they are nice and bright though....we coat our bead sights with orange florescent paint ...works well

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 am

There are several types out there that attach magnetically and some that will clamp on. I would imagine that they'd work fine, but may not be the most secure option and that maybe where it inaccuracy comes from.

shaman

Postby shaman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:42 am

The only place I've used them is on a Turkey gun, and the results were a lot more than I would have expected for an $8 gun sight.  It's worth a try.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Return to Guns and Ammo