Cause and effect

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
Sailfish

Cause and effect

Postby Sailfish » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 am

Listening to the Motley Crue channel on Pandora on your headset instead of Abba played over the gym sound system= Incredibly great workouts. Image

Incredibly great work outs that entail heavy, deep squats = exacerbation of a known condition of the posterior. [:@]

Cause and effect.

just sayin'
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Sailfish

RE: Cause and effect

Postby Sailfish » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:41 am

Cause: Great leg workouts now for 2+ weeks
Effect: Super strong today!

Cause: Starbucks Grande
Effect: lots of energy

Cause: 200+ grams clean protein a day
Effect: muscles

Less than 5 hours of sleep last night, got up a 5:40 am to go to the gym, was dragging bad. Hit Starbucks on the way to the gym. About 3/4 a way into the cup things started clicking, AC/DC started cranking, next thing I know I'm hitting 315 on the squats! I haven't hit that since I tore my meniscus in November!
It's really kewl how the legs have responded since the injury. I had to lay off for months and only got back to squating in the last 6 weeks or so.
Now the hard part will be maintaining. Its suppppper tough these days with my age, young kids, wife, house, work, to maintain the necessary intensity for any lengthy period. But i'll keep trying [:D]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 am

I was reading your post Sailfish lol You made me tired just reading it!

My son has a gym in Brandon FL. frontline fitness mma, and he stays on me about workout! My hats off to guys that stick to it.

BTW have you been hunting down south,and if yes any luck?

Wolfman

Postby Wolfman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:21 pm

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

Cause: Great leg workouts now for 2+ weeks
Effect: Super strong today!

Cause: Starbucks Grande
Effect: lots of energy

Cause: 200+ grams clean protein a day
Effect: muscles

Less than 5 hours of sleep last night, got up a 5:40 am to go to the gym, was dragging bad. Hit Starbucks on the way to the gym. About 3/4 a way into the cup things started clicking, AC/DC started cranking, next thing I know I'm hitting 315 on the squats! I haven't hit that since I tore my meniscus in November!
It's really kewl how the legs have responded since the injury. I had to lay off for months and only got back to squating in the last 6 weeks or so.
Now the hard part will be maintaining. Its suppppper tough these days with my age, young kids, wife, house, work, to maintain the necessary intensity for any lengthy period. But i'll keep trying [:D]

[font="Courier New"]I know unsolicited advice is often received like fleas, but I'm going to offer some, just the same. Reading your post was like seeing the beginning of a horror movie again.

When you tear your meniscus, it's like God telling you to quit doing what you're doing. Because when the doctor told me to give up squats & use a leg press instead ... I didn't listen.

Next you hear your doctor saying things like "your cartilage is disappearing." Then you hear the term "bone on bone arthritis." When you hear that, you will have entered the 7th ring of hell.

Obviously, not everyone who injures their meniscus goes onto the subsequent stages of hell ... but many do & you have to ask yourself ... is it really worth the risk?
[/font] [sm=rolleyes.gif]
IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:41 am

Oh yeah, treat your knees like they're the most important part of your body, cause they are. Once they go, nothing else matters. Once you pass 30 or so, it's really, really important to warm them up & stretch them before adding weight. [&:]

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness