Young Minnesota Archers Win Lifetime Licenses

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
News Editor

Young Minnesota Archers Win Lifetime Licenses

Postby News Editor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 am

State archery tournament winners receive lifetime licenses

A student from North Campus High and another from Grand Rapids High each received their choice of a lifetime hunting or fishing license for winning the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) National Archery in the Schools Program state tournament held in March. Dozens of other winners in various categories were also honored.

Chantelle Skarda of North Campus High School in White Bear Lake finished first in the female category and Ryan Dumm of Grand Rapids High School finished first in male category for individual high school competition. In addition to lifetime licenses, Skarda and Dumm also received Genesis bows.

"Nearly 600 students from throughout the state participated in the tournament," said Kraig Kiger, DNR shooting sports program administrator. "The National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) keeps involving more schools, more students and more families in a safe and supervised activity that can last a lifetime."

hunter480

RE: Young Minnesota Archers Win Lifetime Licenses

Postby hunter480 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:52 am

What a fantastic deal for the state of Minnesota, as well as the lucky kids who won not only a life time license, but a new bow as well.

With hunter numbers declining across the country, more states need ot get on-board with programs like this-everyone wins.
Greg Russell

The Second Amendment, America`s Original Homeland Security

danesdad

RE: Young Minnesota Archers Win Lifetime Licenses

Postby danesdad » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 pm

I agree.  That lifetime license will wind up being worth thousands of dollars if those kids become lifelong hunters.  I'd love to win something like that now, and I'm 45!

Return to Breaking News