south eastern food plots

NortWoods

RE: South eastern food plots

Postby NortWoods » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:03 pm

I have access to bow hunt down by Cannon Falls.  I haven't hunted that far south (Houston CO) but I would plant some clover.  What type of crops are you around, mostly corn in between the bluffs?

[hr]  

kragevalley

Postby kragevalley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 am

Our land in entirely in the valley, but the nieghbor on the ridge rotates between corn and beans.

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:10 pm

I hunt on the border of Winona and Fillmore counties, and have 3 plots. We usually rotate corn and beans in 2 of them, even though the neighbors have them in their fields, and then we have a clover plot as well. This year I'll mix in some brassica and winter greens in one, and beans in the other.

NortWoods

Postby NortWoods » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:35 pm

ORIGINAL: kragevalley

Our land in entirely in the valley, but the nieghbor on the ridge rotates between corn and beans.

I would try some clover.  It would be something different and it is a magnet for does.  I don't have access to farm equipment, but I have had good success with Whitetail Institute Secret Spot, and Harvest No Plow.  

River Oaks Wildlife

south eastern food plots

Postby River Oaks Wildlife » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey folks would love to hear about your management programs and food plot sucess in the southseastern states, Any of my homeboys from N.C chime in.

Return to North Carolina