Trail camera question

Hunting Ohio

RE: Trail camera question

Postby Hunting Ohio » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:35 am

My Bushnell Trophy Cam is the best camera that i have ever used and i have went through alot of diffrent brands and its the best one i have found.
"Cant get the big one if you dont pass the young ones"
Hunt safe and good luck!

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:16 pm

I like my moultrie M-40. I've seen a lot of D-40 models, but I can not find anymore M-40 models. I got it from Gndr. Mntn. for $99 close-out. It runs on 6 "D" batteries all season (Sept. -Jan.). I wanted to get a cheaper cam for property with other hunters I don't know, so I got a pair of Wildgame innovation value pak for $89 (sale). I took them back the next day. One wouldn't shut off and one wouldn't keep date or time. I got a $59 wildview and it work O.K. for the price. If someone walks off with it --not so bad. I'm thinking about trying the Bushnell. I've heard good reviews. If you don't want to get burned on your first cam, then moultrie is a safe bet and Wildview is an O.K. cheaper model for shared or public land.

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Well take it from me that I would use the wildview or stealth cams with 3 - 5 megs and a 12V port for the price like $50 to $120, and include 2 Very important items, Like a Good strong battery that will take the cold as well as the heat and has a warranty, it's called a odyssey PC625 12V battery with 16Ah of battery life and a 4 year warranty good at -40c to 102c. then if you add a cheap but still very good product called a 5 watt solar panel I think the guy I bought it from was MKUTHK1 on ebay this guy has it down pat when it comes to solar panels something about a blocking module that keeps the solar panel from draining the power at night, it comes with a 20ty year warranty best of all it's just plug and play and as he says walk away with that large SD card doing it's job.

I take about 300 pictures a week on burst mode and my batteries stay fully charged, even during the winter months here in Michigan. with the battery and the solar panel I have 30ty days of back up power for cloudy days.

Also I have tried the other cams, but I like the lower cost of the wildviews and I like how easy they are to set-up. Having them running all year is what I enjoy the best.

Hope this helps

John
Ps I have attached a night picture just for you, this was a 3 meg camera
email me and I will send you a vid from my 5 meg cam. jward2866@aol.com

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am

Wildgame innovation are JUNK cams, they are not worth any amounts of money!!!!
Junk Junk Junk, I bought 2 of them and wish I never heard of them.

I am sticking with my wildview cams all the way!!!

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm

ORIGINAL: extroverted

Wildgame innovation are JUNK cams, they are not worth any amounts of money!!!!
Junk Junk Junk, I bought 2 of them and wish I never heard of them.

I am sticking with my wildview cams all the way!!!

You couldn't be more right about the Wildgame Innovation's cams, they are junk!

The Wildview, although better than the wildgame innovation's cams, are not very dependable either. I have 2 of them that only made it through a little more than a year before they started acting up. The battery life isn't up to par and the trigger speed is slow compared to most of the better cams out there, which is fine if you are taking pics over bait or don't mind alot of pics of the back end of the deer.

My Bushnell Trophy Cams will out perform any of these cams hands down and run over a year with a set of 8 AA Lithium batteries. That's with no extra solar panels or rechargeable batteries. These are IR cams that take 5MP pics and GREAT video to boot.

I have 2 Wildlife Innovation cams with bullet holes in them and 2 Wildview cams that are good for parts that I will give away to anyone who wants them!
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Bushnell Trophy Cams

Sounds like your setup is a good fit for you, but like I said, I never have to replace anything except my SD card.
The external battery and solar panel does everthing for me 24/7 365 days of the year, got to love that!!!

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras