off-season?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Spurred

off-season?

Postby Spurred » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:38 am

Besides dreaming of fall, wthat does everybody do during the off-season?

I like to turkey hunt and fish for walleyes.

shadow

RE: off-season?

Postby shadow » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 pm

Early spring finds me and one of my three daughters fishing for trout.
Then comes turkey hunting, with two of my three girls, I had taken a bird 2 yrs. ago, by accident, so this will officially be the first time for all of us.
I also feed the turkeys, deer and what ever else will eat the feed, I scout and walk the woods basically year round, I shoot the bow. Live life with my girls and wife, and also think of the coming fall season.
I even already got my permits ready for Sept., start of the bow season.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu May 01, 2008 5:01 pm

In the Off-Season in early Spring I'm usually frost seeding clover,doing some late scouting,setting up my trail camera,planting more food plots and taking my oldest Daughter Turkey Hunting.Then later I will be trimming tree's,and going Camping and taking our girls to some Bluegrass Festivals then it is back to some Fall Food Plots,practicing with the Bow and setting up tree stands,more scouting some late Camping thrown in for good measure,more stand placements for Rifle Deer Season and its time to Bow Hunt and then into Rifle Season....heck I'm wore out from just typing all these activities! LOL ;0) 

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri May 02, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm trying turkey hunting for the first time, and there's always trout fishing.

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Finally got a bear tag in Wis after 6 years of trying, plan to hunt deer and antelope first week of Oct in WY, deer in SD later in Nov and then Wisconsin's forever deer season starts in earnest Saturday before Thanksgiving. Right now we are plowing and getting ready to plant corn, have the clover in already and the bee's are busy on the maple blossoms. Talking about Caribou Quebec style in 2009 but prices have went Wacko!!!!!  Golf or fish? Let me think a minute on  that one, duh? Lon

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Mon May 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Kids teams. First there is softball, three different leauges for one daughter and one for another. Then there is soccer for another daughter. In between all that is summer leauge basketball and the Show-Me Games. When I get a chance we do a little fishing and camping.
Of course there is the trail cameras to check, which reminds me, I need to move one.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue May 06, 2008 7:12 am

fishing,turkey hunting,while hunting i do a little scouting check for sign etc,look for sheds.I practice with the bow to stay in form and do a lot of web surfing.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hilltop

Postby hilltop » Thu May 08, 2008 7:44 am

I maintain about 300 acres. There is always something to do if you look hard enough. I keep up with NASCAR little too.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 am

allright another nascar guy
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu May 08, 2008 11:00 am

i usally am stuck at work like a lot of us, however i spend a lot of that time day dreaming about what could walk by my stand this year. i take a lot of time to fix errors that happend over the last season to make sure they dont happen again. i also scout year round for deer, and shoot my bow year too, i like to turkey hunt , look from shrooms and go camping.  its fun to get out and throw a line in the water... but i tell ya the only think that keeps me from fallin down is knowin that deer season is just right around the corner.

just somthin like ohhh 145 more days haha..

Next

Return to General Discussions