Six Ohio wildlife officials indicted on felony

Ohio farms

Six Ohio wildlife officials indicted on felony

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

A southern Ohio wildlife officer and five top officials of the Ohio Division of Wildlife were indicted Monday morning by a grand jury.  All were charged with feilonies over the illegal sale of a resident Ohio hunting license to a South Carolina wildlife officer saving him $106. The Ohio wildlife officer allowed the S. Carolina officer to use his address as his home to avoid paying the non-resident cost of a hunting license. 
The top officials were charged with failure to investigate the deception as a crime. ODOW administrative officials charged with a fiftrh-degree felonies are:  The Chief, Assistant Chief  and a law enforcement administrator.
I'm very sorry to hear that our ODOW considers themselves above the lawsthat we all must follow. All of them should be run out of the division.
This apeared in the Cleveland Plain Dealer today.
They have lost some of my respect today.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

buckhunter21

RE: Six Ohio wildlife officials indicted on felony

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:04 am

the sad part is that this probably happens more than one would think.  some good money lost that could go towards habitat improvement, etc.
QDM!

metrx

Postby metrx » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

Good for them.  They threw away there careers, pensions and not to mention hunting privileges...for what to save a buddy $100?  I wonder if they know who dimed them out?

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

I have always been a huge supporter of the Ohio DOW, but now I'm really pissed. How arrogant of them to do that. THAT is the type of "good ol boy networking" that drives me nuts. Speaking from a high horse and acting like the worst of us. They had better get MORE than than the average Joe would get for the same offense. Grrrr. 

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:47 am

Check out "Breaking News" on this forum for a better look at what happened in Ohio's latest poaching ring led by the top ODOW leaders.

Return to Ohio