fasteddie

msbadger

RE: fasteddie

Postby msbadger » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 am

From what I read many of the sitings last year were in the Allegheny State park and the last I heard most if not all had been reported killed there...now we all know how "reports" are so still may find them in the southern parts of the park....I suppose if any bred sows made it we'll know this summer when litters are being raised ...Then theres the stray person or two that would think getting a Pennsylvania size # of them in NY would be good hunting and could be releasing them...ya never know what goes through ppls little brains[8|]

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:39 am

msbadger,

My parents live in Livonia (on Conesus Lake). They do not hunt but I could ask them if they heard anything.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks Vipertech....small world ...MrB and I lived on Conesus when we first got married...a place the size of a tissue box....[8D] ...I lived on East lake Rd for a bit as a kid...any how ...the guy that told us about this isn't known to be reliable...just curious [;)]

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Conesus lake used to be the place to go ..... Long Point Park and the Skating Rink .
Semper Fi !

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 am

I lived on East lake Rd for a bit as a kid

That's the road my parents live on. They live on the non-lake side of the road about halfway down. Behind their house is a large wooded area (about 100 acres) owned by their neighbor. Deer constantly hang out in their backyard. In fact, the deer are brazen enough to go around to the front of their house and eat their bushes! We've been there eating dinner on the back patio while deer where just hanging out without a care in the world.

Needless to say, they are nowhere to be found during hunting season! LOL

Previous

Return to New York