june and july deer

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
bowboxer

june and july deer

Postby bowboxer » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 am

i live an hunt in the mountains of east tennessee. come june and july you never see a buck.where are they.are the in the valleys around water.oor are they right under my big nose.

SwampLife

RE: june and july deer

Postby SwampLife » Fri May 14, 2010 6:58 pm

they dont have antlers then silly
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

mmarlow4

Postby mmarlow4 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 am

i also have the same problem. and i know for a fact they are growing antlers in june and july. i have trail pictures of a nice six piont in late june

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat May 15, 2010 8:27 am

With all the nice new green growth during the Spring and Summer months the Deer blend in much better and they can be hard to see and find,I think the Bucks are more cautious and don't move as much during the day time?I have several trail camera pictures of Doe's with last years Fawns and soon the Doe's will be having their new Fawns in May and June,I have a few Bucks on the camera and they are just starting to have nubs sticking up so it will take a little while before they are visable with the naked eye.

ShoulderNuke!

Postby ShoulderNuke! » Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 am

They have antlers or the start of by this time in May and they are over half grown up here by or around the 4th of July. So I suggest if you want to see what you got in your area just visit the bean or hay feilds in your area in the early morning or late afternoon evening. That is what I do every year .But I do not start looking for antlers in velvet until the Fireworks fly in July.
35 years of hunting deer and more than I can count down and I still learn something new every year! There are no absalutes with Deer or in Deer hunting

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Sun May 16, 2010 1:47 pm

it was a joke.

usually the bucks are pretty bachelored up then, its like turkeys in the fall. you see none or you see all of them.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

bowboxer

Postby bowboxer » Wed May 19, 2010 2:48 am

all my scout cam. pictures are of bucks but during the night.just wondering are they staying around rivers when its hot .

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed May 19, 2010 3:25 am

I got the joke Swamplife.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management