Muzzleloader

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
NC Deer Hunter

RE: Muzzleloader

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 am

No problem SHKYboonie,
I will be at my Brothers shop tonight setting up for the Super bowl but I will get you all of the information I have, shoot! I would like to know the name brands of what your friend shoots in his Savage. I have heard people say that this Gun will get busy right on out to 300yds also but I have not shot mine over 200yds & it's very accurate to there. I have only hunted with my Gun 2 years due to things coming up & not being here during Muzzleloader season (last year I was at the Virginia Nationals for the last time watching John & Ashley Force throw down) when I bought the gun a guy told me the load to shoot so I have'nt played around with it. All I can tell you is it is one sweet Rifle.

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:11 am

There is a lot of good ml info at www.chuckhawks.com  

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:12 pm

ORIGINAL: NC Deer Hunter

No problem SHKYboonie,
I will be at my Brothers shop tonight setting up for the Super bowl but I will get you all of the information I have, shoot! I would like to know the name brands of what your friend shoots in his Savage. I have heard people say that this Gun will get busy right on out to 300yds also but I have not shot mine over 200yds & it's very accurate to there. I have only hunted with my Gun 2 years due to things coming up & not being here during Muzzleloader season (last year I was at the Virginia Nationals for the last time watching John & Ashley Force throw down) when I bought the gun a guy told me the load to shoot so I have'nt played around with it. All I can tell you is it is one sweet Rifle.

I will find out what his recipe is for his gun the next time I talk to him. He swears by it.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:08 am

Ok SHKYBoonie,
My son has my box with all my stuff if it & getting it back is like pulling eye teeth. I guess I will have to go get it myself. I will have you my info also. I have not forgotten.

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey SHKYBoonie,
I sent you an email with the info on what I have been using. Just wondering if you got it?

SHKYBoonie

Postby SHKYBoonie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

ORIGINAL: NC Deer Hunter

Hey SHKYBoonie,
I sent you an email with the info on what I have been using. Just wondering if you got it?

Yep, I got it my friend![;)] I will find out what the magic potion is for my friend and relay it back to you. We are suppose to be going coon hunting next weekend (trying to cut the little corn thieves back a bit[:D]) and I'll get it from him then. I'm going to get one of these guns in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait! Thanks again.
Hunt as though your life depended on it, because one day it just might!

NC Deer Hunter

Postby NC Deer Hunter » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:50 am

No problem, not a big hurry. Enjoy the Coon hunt'n, I remember the days (or should I say Nights!)
Take it easy.

crazybull

Muzzleloader

Postby crazybull » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm

I have a bit of a problem I'm looking for and entry level muzzleloader and I'm having trouble picking between the two that I'm looking at.  The first one is a CVA Accura and the other is a CVA Optima.  If anyone has had any dealings with either of these guns can you please give me your take on them.
Fear the government that fears your gun!

easports

Postby easports » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:55 am

I shoot the Optima and never had a problem with it. I owned the gun for 3 years and it's been a good gun for me. Now I also have two Thompson Centers for my boys. I can't tell you the differences between the Optima and Accura but between the Optima and Thompson two distinct differences will be weight and type of materials used for the barrels. The Optima is a heavier gun and the type of metal for the barrel requires a little more cleaning and up keep. Despite that I'll still keep my Optima until it breaks or something major happens to it. Good shooting.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 am

I have an Optima, but I've only shot it a few times.  I am usually in Florida when muzzleloader season starts so I don't use it hunting, but I do love it!  Easy to load, easy to shoot, EASY TO CLEAN!!!!!!

I don't know anything about the Accura, so I can't comment on it, but I do know that you will probably like the Optima if you choose to buy one.

PreviousNext

Return to Guns and Ammo