tree stand?

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
DeerCamp

tree stand?

Postby DeerCamp » Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 pm

i want to buy a new climber this year..i was wondering what ya think would be a good one? i would like to keep it on the cheap side if i can lol

bad faulkner

RE: tree stand?

Postby bad faulkner » Mon May 19, 2008 7:02 am

Natchez usually has really, really good prices, particularly in the off-season.  I got a two man ladder really cheap and am very happy with it.  Delivery was prompt, too.  Ordered it on a Monday and was unpacking and assembling it on Saturday.    

www.natchezss.com/

jacannon63

Postby jacannon63 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 am

I have been using climbers since 1973 when the Baker tree stands were about you could buy. ( I am sure some of you older hunters like me remember those death traps) I want a climber that is quiet, holds the tree well and doesn't slip and is very comfortable. If you are going to sit 30 feet up a pine tree all day padded seats,back and arm rest are the only to go. This is just my two cents worth...   Good Luck.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:37 pm

I got a Summit razor and love it, not on the cheap side but its light, quiet and well made.

shadow

Postby shadow » Thu May 22, 2008 1:40 pm

I've also been using climbers for quite some time, I saw the new Summit's at a show, tried it there and loved it.
I bought a 180 ss climber from Cabela's took it out climbed a tree (with my safety harness on) and found it quiet and comfortable, adjustable seat height, back rest, etc.. the only problem I have with it is the RapidClimb stirrups, they do not seem to work as well as they advertise, I had made many adjustments, sliding them from the front of the platform to the back and haven't yet found that sweet spot. Other than that,its a good product.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu May 22, 2008 4:37 pm

i got a summit golith with the rapid straps and they work fine,my stand is so comfortable i can stay in it from sunrise to sunset plus the little bit before and after.i got a bow holder from cabelas that i screw to the top rail keeps the bow right in front and ready and i haul my full day pack up .I also hear good things about the new lone wolfs but i havent used one
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue May 27, 2008 12:33 pm

I bought a new Summitt Viper SS because the wife liked the looks of it.
Turns out its a pretty nice stand.

From my readings Summit appears to make all around nice stands.

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am

i got a gorilla climber at the end of archery last year at walmart.. $30 its not the best, but you cant beat the price.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat May 31, 2008 9:36 am

Keep an eye on the sales going on at Sportsmans Guide and you can buy a decent climbing stand at a good price,if you join the Sportsmans Guide Club you get another 10% off the regular prices and it is worth it if you plan on buying a few items within a years time.If you don't have a SG magazine you can go to their web site also. www.sportsmansguide.com

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:24 am

[font=tahoma]Treewalker is hands down the best climbing tree stand I have EVER used!!![/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/[/font]

Next

Return to Tree Stands