Clean kill rage 2 blade

Describe the most puzzling blood trail you've ever been on.
huntinut

Clean kill rage 2 blade

Postby huntinut » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:06 am

Strangest thing last week. I was ground hunting and in the last few minutes of legal hunting time a really nice doe walked just 10 yrds in front of me.  I let my arrow fly equipped with a rage 2 blade and luminoc. The doe only flinched and then took a couple of steps off the trail into the thicket. She began to look around like "what was that?" for next minute or so. My arrow was stuck in the ground beyond where she was standing, luminoc glowing. I was waiting for her to fall over when she just started to slowly walk away like nothing had happened! all the while she kept looking back for something. I emmediately reached for another arrow but it was too late. It was almost dark and i could only watch her silloette walk off into the woods. I couldn't believe it. How did I miss at such close range. I began to replay the shot in my head. It was too close to watch the arrow, just flash of a red lite from the luminoc which i thought was on target. Sounded like a hit, but again too close. Just a small "FLUTT" sound. I sat and waited 20 minutes "just in case." Longest 20 minutes of my life. I retrieved my arrow and found that it was dry with no blood on it no blood on the ground where the shot was made. I missed. Now completely dark I headed back to the truck thinking that I blew an easy shot.  In the better light of the truck i was inspecting the arrow and found 3 hairs stuck in the rage blades. I inspected the shaft, clean as a wistle. Looking at the vanes and they appeared to be clean except there was moisture in the crease near the shaft. I wiped the down the arrow with a wet wipe that I carry with me and low-and-behold BLOOD! I grabbed my flashlight and headed back. I found her not 10 yrds from where I lost sight. It was a perfect shot to the lungs. Massive wound from the rage blade, but her fur was clean and no blood coming out of her mouth either. The arrow must have blasted through so fast and clean it was wiped clean on the way out. Thats what I call a clean kill
HN 

fasteddie

RE: Clean kill rage 2 blade

Postby fasteddie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:16 am

Nice shooting and Congrats . Glad you recovered the deer . I always like a happy ending !
Semper Fi !

huntinut

Postby huntinut » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:03 pm

thanks, I never had an arrow go through and come out completely clean. was just wondering if anybody else ever experienced a clean pass through?

VA Hunter

Postby VA Hunter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Check out what the 2-blade did to this guy!!

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 pm

vahunter ,them 2 blade rage are the real deal,they make a big hole in and out,and i have not lost the first deer since useing them ,i hope they dont stop making them!!
jim                       and that a good shot
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Holy crap that is a big hole!

windsor

Re: Clean kill rage 2 blade

Postby windsor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:06 pm

entrance.jpg
entrance wound
entrance.jpg (134.28 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Here is what my 2 blade did to a doe on sunday. Sorry for the weird pic, but the blood trailing flashlight leaves a funny looking light and its a cell phone pic. She must have had her leg back when I hit her, because the entrance wound was 7 inches long. The exit was about the size of a silver dollar. The arrow broke off about 6 inches from the broad head. I never recovered the business end, just the tail. The shot was 33 yards with a 60lb draw. Excellent blood trail to follow.

Return to Blood Trailing