What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Gulfcapt

RE: What do you do to fund your deer Hunting

Postby Gulfcapt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 am

Like many of you, my wife is very understanding. she knows my love/passion for this sport. I live in fl, but work out of Tx. and LA. work a 28days on/14days off shift offshore. when im Home I run a few charter fishing trips to help fund my hunting addiction. lol It pays for my lease in Indiana. Oya my wifeeee also gives me a weekly allowance, thats only if I get my honey due's done around the house!! lol

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:39 am

[size=100]I forgot to mention that Sailfish funds most of my hunting / fishing costs . He's a heck of a guy ! [:)]
Semper Fi !

Randy3003

Postby Randy3003 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:19 pm

I work for myself But since I got caught in Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and lost most off my hunting equipment and all my tools, trucks, and home, rebuilding my life at 52 has been Quite an endeavor.  Trying to buy tools Archery equipment, and still find work in these trying times is exhausting.  I've been building/remodeling homes since I was 13 and really don't want to have to change occupations now, but may wave to make a change.  No matter the situation I'll always find a way to get out in the woods.  Hunting to me is what makes me, me!!!

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I asked the Goverment for a bail out....they sent me plenty of your tax dollars to pay for my new bow and hunting clothes

it was easier than working

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:55 pm

I am a highly paid member of the D&DH Web Pro-Staff

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:04 am

I'm with JPH.  Between all the endorsements, personal appearances, lecture tours, book signings etc.    It's a tough schedule, but somebody has to do it.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

Another way I fund my hunting is by buying hunting gear , etc in the off season . WalMart , Dicks , Gander Mt and other stores reduce prices after seasons end . It's a great time to buy for the next season .
Semper Fi !

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:29 am

ORIGINAL: shaman

...Between all the endorsements, personal appearances, lecture tours, book signings etc...   

You know, I can deal with all of that. I just wish the paparazzi would leave my family alone. Vultures!

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:36 pm

A hunting tag and a half dozen arrows are about all I need from year to year. Occassionaly I'll buy a new set of camos or boots, but for the most part, hunting is decently inexpensive for me. My parents own some property that we hunt on and I've never hunted with an outfitter.
I'd love to go to canada and hunt but it's hard to justify the money when there are nice deer where I hunt.

flaDAWG

Postby flaDAWG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

No worry frum wife...got her N2 hunt',this'll B her 4th season...first year she bag'd a small rack 6 pointer second year she got a 15 inch tip2tip 6 pointer an a 4 pointer...last year da BIG 1 gave her Buck Fever an miss'd him....Sew if we kin afford a hunt' supply of sum kind she dont give no friction...Butt this year we got on a lease up around Macon,Ga...Sew my Bonus's R gonna help there...when we're not up there we have bout 500 acre's 15 minute's frum house we have permission 2 hunt...She love's hunt' just as much as i dew...O FastEddie i'm still pay' N,sew U keep hunt'n,Good Luck!
Hope U all R dew'n finer than frawg hair!...Bsafe!

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking News