Batteries for your camera's

Gilaman

RE: Batteries for your camera's

Postby Gilaman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:57 am

Love my Stealth Cam........but just wanted to say Semper Fi brother.......

Brian Potter
Reptile Keeper and Hunter.......and Im getting screwed by the Government on BOTH!!!

Semper Fi

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

Good point on the buying cheap batteries...Sometimes you can get away with that though with certain products.  Apparently not here.

Welcome to the forum Gilaman!!!!
QDM!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:33 am

They aren't cheap considering the prices of batteries. $5 each. And I do shoot some on the cheapest ammunitition around my area. Remington
core-lokt express. They work great!
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm

I put "D" Duracell in my Moultrie M-40 and it worked ALL SEASON. I put the cam out a week at a time and moved it to track where the big buck was moving through out the property and everything worked great. The only thing that went wrong was I got busted in the wind. The cam was out at least two weeks out of each month of the season. I replaced them just last week, I had a low batt. reading, but the time and date were still correct.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:33 pm

I just tried some new batteries out.  I'm not sure if they are 'Fleet Farm' brand or not, but they are called Powermaxx and they are in a blue container.  Cheap, so thought I'd give them a try.  Wrong....had my camera out for two weeks and the batteries were dead with 0 pictures.  I use a D40.  Maybe it's the camera too...I'm going back to Energizer or Duracell and we'll see which it is.  has anyone else had this problem with cheap batteries?
QDM!

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Sat May 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi buckhunter21:
     I have recently started using rechargeable "AA" and "C" batteries. The "AA" are Perfectly Natural Premium Alkaline rechargeable rated at 1.5 volt. These come fully charged with a shelf life of 7 years. I have recharged these and tested with a multi meter, they have reached 1.65 volt. These were purchased in Canada at Princess Auto.
     I also have "AA" and "C" Alkaline rechargeable by Pure Energy. These are manufactured in Canada. I contacted a representative of the company. He stated that most Wal Mart stores carry them. This is where I purchased the "C" batteries. Wal mart also sells the charger which is good for recharging Alkaline and NiMH batteries. This charger is good for "AA", "AAA", "C", "D" and it has a port for 9 Volt. You might find the "AA" at Wal Mart also. I didn't check for these as I already had the Perfectly Natural.
     I haven't tried these batteries in colder winter type weather. They do not recommend running them dead. The charge can be topped up at any time and do not hold a memory. It also states "Not recommended for digital cameras." I am using the "AA" in my 2009 Bushnell Trophy Cameras. The "C" batteries which I have just started using are used in Wild View Ez Cam and in the Spy point IRB. So far I am very happy with them.
     In one area, I check my cameras every 3 to 4 days, while the other area gets checked every week to 10 days. Hope this helps.

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Lostmyarrow, I have some questions for you!!!
First do you like the pictures you are getting and do you plan on hunting the area in which you have that cam????

If you plan on hunting that area, then I suggest you STOP going to your cams as often.
Why you ask, well you are educating the deer and bucks that you are out there looking at them. You know that when it comes to deer hunting it's not the noise from the guns, but the human scent when we are walking into their areas that scares the deer the most.

Sure I agree it's nice to see whats out there, but true that if they smell you, you will never see them again.

Better to only visit your cams once every 2 months, you can do this with the right cams, batteries, solar panels, and 2 gig SD cards.

if you would like some info on this just ask and I will steer you in the right direction.

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Buckhunter21 make sure that you install a SD Card into your cam; I found out early in 2007 that if you don't install a SD card and your cam goes dead you are SOL to retrieve your pictures. I suggest that you buy 2 of them 1 gig will give you about 700 pictures at 5 meg, what I do is take one card with me at all times, that way when I check out my cams (every 2 months), I always have one that I can switch it with. I also use a USB card reader that I hook up to my computer, just plug and play and the rest is fun fun fun.

Also just so you know I use an external battery 8ah with a solar setup, my cams stay out 365 days a year!!! Great stuff!!!

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:26 am

extroverted: Thanks for the suggestions. All suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. Both properties are also set up using trail cameras for surveilance reasons as well, meaning I have to physically check on these properties due to buildings and equipment. One is a home quarter where there is property maintenance as well. I have found scent disperses pretty quickly as I have had animals, namely deer and bear come by my cameras as early as an hour after checking them.
The idea of solar panels is great, but for me this would be very costly. I own a total of 19 ea. cameras and at present, have 13 set out. I started out with a total of 10 Wild View EZ Cam. Later I purchased 2 ea. Spy Point IRB. This spring I ended up purchasing 7 ea. Bushnell 2009 Trophy Camera.
Recommendations:
-Wild View Ez Cam: very good pictures if set up over a bait or intersecting trail. 12 volt external power supply was a plus. Slow trigger time.
-Spy Point IRB: Relatively good day time video or pictures. Night time is better with snow on the ground, then animals show up better. 12 volt external power supply was a plus.
-Bushnell 2009 Trophy Camera; excellent video. 2009 models were well tested and software corrections made when I purchased them.
Also at the time I purchased the Wild View and Spy Point cameras, rechargeable "AA" and "C' batteries were only available in 1.2 to 1.25 volts. Know they are available in 1.5 with some obtaining 1.56 to 1.65 volt when recharged. Most Wal Mart stores now carry these batteries under the name of Pure Energy. They also have the chargers that recharge both alkaline and nickel metal hydrite.
If you are interested in seeing some videos, check out "huntingnet.com forum". Make sure to leave one space between com and the word forum. Now do a search for "littlearrow". These postings are in the first 10 to 12 pages at the present time. Videos are linked to photobucket. I have videos and comments on what camera I have taken these with and locations. You and other members are more than welcome to view them.

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:50 am

Lostmyarrow
just incase you decided to buy solar panels I sell them and they come with an 25 year warranty, I sell both 6 volt 3 watt and 12 volt 5 watt.
I have them with the external plug in for the stealth batteries, just plug and play.

Just to let you know, I am not a store. I first started buying them for myself and then decided to help out other hunters that were being taken, these are eighty dollar units and I can sell them to your for a third of the price.

You can contact me directly at jward2866 at aol

I use these on my cams, and have not had any problems. Also I install the blocking module for you so that the solar panel does not drain your batty at night.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras