rangefinder

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
JOEL

RE: rangefinder

Postby JOEL » Tue May 20, 2008 5:26 pm

fog and weeds huh.im still on the fence then
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

mhouck06

Postby mhouck06 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:08 am

[font="times new roman"]its not worth getting the range finder.. if you measure off around your stand all you need to do it shoot that distance.. the distance from the base of your tree to the target, no matter how high you are, it works. if you dont trust that.. a simple math equation will do the trick.[/font]
[font="times new roman"]A2+B2=C2  [/font]
[font="times new roman"][/font] 
[font="times new roman"]just take ur stand height as A in feet, ground distance as B make sure if its 30 yards you enter 90 feet and then add them together.. take the square root of the sum and then divide that by 3 to get ur distance from stand to ground[/font]
[font="times new roman"]ex. 20ft stand. ground distance, 30 yards[/font]
[font="times new roman"]
[size=100][font="times new roman"]202+902=8500 [/font]

square root of 8500 = 92.195 ft.

92.195 / 3 = 30.7 yards
[/size][/font]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm

i had always heard it was the same but im teribble at math thanks for showing the formula and the work.I've always paced off distances and clipped clothspins with surveryors tape as an indicator.Its worked in the past .ya saved me 200 $ think ill buy some new arrows[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Previous

Return to Archery and Bowhunting