Does Scent Lok clothing etc work

davejshepherdson

Does Scent Lok clothing etc work

Postby davejshepherdson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:32 am

I must admit that I am anal about scent - use the Scent Lok and other gear. Apart from wahing in scent free soap, I always wash down from head to toe with the scent eliminating cloths outside, especially my hair.
Having said that I always make sure to stay down wind of where I expect the deer to come out. Two stories from last year. I was in a ground stand, stump of a tree when a large buck stepped out not 20 yards from where I was. The wind was blowing right towards him, but he did not smell a thing - unfortunately for me he walked a the only trail that I had not cut a shooting lane. He was visable for at least a minute but never got wind of me.
The next day I walked along side a doe bedding area, into the wind - I  had just reached a clearing when out of the corner of my eye, a 6 pointer came out , nose in the air, focused entirely on the does. I was able to draw my bow, could not really aim and shot him from 4 feet away.
My take is that the carbon activated clothing and scent eliminating products work if used correctly.

Goose

RE: Does Scent Lok clothing etc work

Postby Goose » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:29 am

If you are curious, here is the latest...debate and all. Scent Loc Found Guilty Of False Advertising: http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=72812
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 pm

The court also found that carbon clothes CANNOT be regenerated in a dryer like they advertise either. That kind of destroys the whole premise.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm

That was an interesting read, Goose.

Here's something I posted in another thread. I used to do this before these scent blocking clothes came out. Have yet to purchase one still:

My best anti-scent technique was to put my clothes in garbage bags. Pour baking soda in them- I mean at least a box in each bag. Shake 'em up like crazy. The next morning I'd go outside..shake each item of clothing(underwear..socks..the works)- watch the dust clouds(was really cool in the moonlight). I've never had so many deer so close to me in my life. Hunted from the ground a lot and had 'em bedding a few feet from me. Wasn't even in a blind! Ok..that's probably happened to a lot of you. I just thought it was cool. My own version of a scent lock type product.

I should add- I'd reuse the baking soda for awhile(what was left in the bag..not what was gone with the wind)..but baking soda is quite cheap.

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators