Scopes, what's your favorite & why?

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
mgemmill

RE: Scopes, what's your favorite & why?

Postby mgemmill » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:13 am

I have Simmons, Bushnell, Nikon, and Swift. For the money you can't beat the Dusk to Dawn by Bushnell. It is clear and great in low light conditions. My friend owns a gun shop and can't kep them on the shelf. I have them on my two H&R slug guns so I know the will take the abuse, all for less than 100.00 bucks!!

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 am

I used to work in a sports shop and learned from the Leupold rep that in 1973 in Harrisburg, Pa., a gun shop got flooded by Hurricane Agnes and their entire scope inventory was submerged in mud & water for 3 weeks. Of all the brands of scopes carried by that shop, the Leupolds were all 100% waterproof and had not leaked. The other brands were not so fortunate. I realize that those are extreme conditions, but it tells a lot. The best thing is if any of those Leupolds had suffered problems, they would have been covered by warranty.
That right there made me realize they are worth the money.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 am

Fixed 4x.  It doesn't much matter who makes it, the one I have now is a Nikon Monarch.  I'm of the KISS method and this fits my way of hunting perfectly.  Use the reticle as a range finder and still easily pick up a moving animal.

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:39 pm

I use to have a BSA BigCat on my slug gun and it was my favorite because it had big lens to help pick up deer in the scope and best of all it had like almost 5 inches of eye relief.

After taking a scope right above my eye and having to have my wound super glued (not to forget the concussion I got from it), I want all the eye relief I can get.[:D]

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo