illinois check in

GeneSplicer

RE: illinois check in

Postby GeneSplicer » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Well my location my say Alabama, but home is where I grew up and where the folks live... JoDaviess County. Miss it, and can't wait to visit serval times a year... especially when it's bow season! Got my Illinois non-res tags today in the mail... so funny b/c it was sent out of Nashville, I guess that's who they contract the licensing too? Anyway, home is still Illinois no matter how many times I'm called a Yank! And yes, I am quick to correct someone who calls it Illinoissssss

jon

Postby jon » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:48 pm

I reside in saline county illinois wich is in southern part 20 miles form ohio river and own land next to saline creek but i hunt all over saline county.  Cant wait for oct already have several canidates pick out.... Glad to see other people  excited to good luck
underground 8 hours hunting 16 hours

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:54 pm

Hey howhill, I'm live and hunt Piatt County as well. Small world. What part of the Sangamon are you hunting?

brickman76

Postby brickman76 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:10 am

I have ground to hunt in mercer county,and warren county 370 acres in all. gun hunting for now going to start bowhunting again next year.

epapineau

Postby epapineau » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 am

I do most of mu hunting in and around Kankakee County. I am looking forward to finally getting back to Pulaski County for a hunting vacation with my brother and father.

dan scott

Postby dan scott » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm

JUST JOINED THE FORUM.HAVE BEN READING THE MAG A COUPLE OF YEARS REALLY ENJOY THE MAG. HOPE TO LEARN MORE ON THE FORUM.
I HUNT PUBLIC LAND IN VERMILION CO. HAVE HUNTED PUB-LAND FOR 15 YEARS
NEVER HAVE HUNTED PRI-LAND
LOT OF DOES AND A FEW DECENT BUCKS. BIGGEST ONE 150&6\8 EIGHT POINTER
WEIGHTED 235 FIELD. I AM DEW FOR ANOTHER GOOD BUCK
I WILL BE IN THE STAND THUR MORNING AT 5:20 AM
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ENJOY THE PEACEFUL WOODS.
d scott

buckwild

Postby buckwild » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Welcome Dan.  Same story here.  I have been hunting public land in Oregon like 7 or 8 years.  Congrats on the 150. 

I got out Sat Oct 3 for the first time.  I found an apple tree the year before last.  It is near the crest of a finger that comes off of a larger ridge.  There werent many apples on it last year, but this year there are like 50 apples on it.  There was not a single one on the ground with plenty of tracks.  I am set up on the crest about 35 yards to the east.  there is also a subtle saddle 27 yards to my south that has a well used trail though it.  There is a bedding area to my south, and the finger runs north/south.  The wind didn't cooperate for me.  Supposed to be west, but it was variable ALL DAY.  It was raining off and on, and the forest was dripping all morning.  I jumped one deer on the main trail of the park in the pre-dawn dark.  I heard something crash behind me while on stand, but dont know if a branch fell or if a deer busted me.  I ended up leaving early, because I didnt want to educate the deer.  Did see two adult does in the clover around 4PM
Semper Fidelis!

muzzyliter

Postby muzzyliter » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:10 pm

lee, just outside paw paw. seen alot of does.. nine today. no monsters yet...

SoIll Dawg

Postby SoIll Dawg » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Clay County.  3 different locations.  

double_lung

Postby double_lung » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 am

Hey guys im from the middle of the state, almost between Havana and Springfield. I hunt site M or JEPCWA for ya boys new to the park. Im also looking at a few places near Oakford and Litchfield. Im mainly a Hoyt bowhunter. But just started to get into turkey and my Mossberg is the choice so far. Look forward to more post from local hunters. Thanks

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois