HELP PLEASE NEED ADVISE ON NEW TRAIL CAM

mbcook

HELP PLEASE NEED ADVISE ON NEW TRAIL CAM

Postby mbcook » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:16 am

Hi,
 I am new to the forum here i have been reading a lot of peoples opinions on new cams but i just cant make up my mind on what to get. I recently got a cuddeback this past Christmas and have been mostly pleased with its performance the only issue i have had is it taking pictures of nothing every 30 seconds don't know if it has to high sensitivity or something is messed up....anyway i would like to get a couple more cams and am willing to spend somewhere around $200 per cam....I have been looking at the new bushnell trophy cam i see a bunch of good reviews, but then again i see a lot of people having problems with it taking white pictures in the sunlight.....please let me know what you think whether i should stick with cuddeback, try the bushnell, or give me your opinion on the a good camera. 

gunther89

RE: HELP PLEASE NEED ADVISE ON NEW TRAIL CAM

Postby gunther89 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:47 am

The new 2010 bushnell trophy cams had that problem.  I haven't heard any problems with them since they have been out now for awhile.  I have 2 2009 bushnell trophy cam's and I really like them.  Great camera all around. 

I wouldn't go with a cuddeback just because I had all sorts of problems with them.  If they work then they are a great camera but if you have any problems with them customer service is the worst i've seen. 
Scott

grizz

Postby grizz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 pm

I have 3 Cuddies they take awesome pixs when working correctly. Battery life not great
I also have 2 Scoutguards which I really like long long battery life
My son just sent back his new Bushnell kept taking alot of pixs of nothing, he also has scoutguard and ordered another ro replace the Bushnell.
I'm now looking at the new Primos might give it a try and sell older Cuddie

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 pm

I like the Bushnell Trophy cam. It is the most user friendly
Camera i've owned. Ande the batteries last as long as they say.
I bought my first one 11/27/09, Two weeks ago I had to change
the batteries for the first time. One week ago the second set were
dead. The camera failed. I took it back to Bass Pro and got a new
one. I highly recamend buying a trail cam at a repitable dealer.
Make sure you can return the camera in a reasonable amount of
time. I've returned 6 to date since 08, All at bass pro.
Good luck getting any game cam to work on a full time basis.

Also, I'd like to say that, In the heat we have right now, Your better
off finding some shade for your camera. They dont like heat.
Also seems like if you have moving trees or greenery of any kind.
A lot of cams will just keep taking pics of nothing. Putting up cams
is alot like scouting a new spot for me. You realy should put a lot
Thought into it. hope this helps.

mbcook

Postby mbcook » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 am

thanks for all the help i think im going to give the new bushnell a try, i think i will purchase from cabelas or basspro so ican return it if i experience any problems 

shaggy

Postby shaggy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:27 am

Yea. I was doing a good bit a research on here yesterday and decided on the Bushnell. Now my mind is for sure made up. I have an older Stealth Cam that I loved but it just stopped working after a few years. I was wanting another one but I haven't seen anyone praise those.

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm

mbcook and shaggy, let me know if you get the bushnell trophy cam what you think of it cause I'm problly going to get one too. Thanks, Sam

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 pm

I have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail Cameras. These were purchased this past spring of 2010. Model and manufacture date is on the back of the package on the lower right hand area. I had these cameras all set up for video until recently when I changed two of them to picture for a trial. The pictures turned out good, but I'll be switching back to video because it adds life  with animal movement etc. I have video set for 30 second with a 10 second delay. Battery life is excellent. Bushnell recommends Lithium batteries for colder weather. These are available in various powers (4x, 8X, Ultimate and rechargeable). I am using Pure Energy rechargeables as these are 1.55 volt fully charged right out of the package. These batteries and multicharger are available at most WalMart stores. Cameras are small. Emailing Bushnell a couple of times for information, I have had excellent customer service. All Bushnell cameras have a two year warranty from the manufacture. The 2009 model is limited to a 2GB SD card. SD cards must be formatted in the camera. Bushnell recommends using SanDisk SD card. I am using SanDisk, Kodak and Verbatim with good success. The buckle on the tie strap is small and weak. Just use care especially in colder weather, not to over tighten as it could break. To avoid any over exposure or white outs, do not face any trail camera into the rising or setting sun. My cameras have the viewer which for the extra price, I wouldn't recommend, just swap out your SD card and view on your computer. The same goes for the Bone Collector: your paying extra bucks for the decorated case. Buy some camo paint, use leaves, sticks etc., spray over these then remove. There is your fancy pattern, designed by you for a lot less money. I used camo tape one time for another hunting project but found it too glossy. Good luck on your choice.

Return to Scouting Cameras