Trail's End

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
bowtech21

Trail's End

Postby bowtech21 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:58 am

I've seen the commercial probably 10000 times. Trail's End #307 by Wildlife Research Center...Well i went to Gander Mountain yesterday and walked passed it and figured i'd buy it and give it a shot this year. Here's what i was wondering. It says on the package that it works great in the rut of course. It also says it really brings in the deer during early season. Anyone give this scent a try yet? If so, any luck? How does it work early season? During the rut?

hunter480

RE: Trail's End

Postby hunter480 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 am

I haven`t tried one of the mega-commercial lures for many years. I buy every year from Hoosier Trapper Supply. They sell nation wide, and they have a web site. I`ve had GREAT success with their doe-in-estrus pee.

Might consider giving it a try. It`s more economical, since they bottle in bulk, so to speak, so you`re not buying a 6 oz glass bottle.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 am

ive used several of the wrc products the dripper doe n heat trails end & golden estrous & espcialy scent killer the golden estrous is some of the best stuff on the market in my opinion .ive never had any luck with the trails end though to me it smells like black licorice & what is the sparkling stuff in it ? hopefully you will have some good luck with it , it has to work or wildlife research center wouldnt sell it i know the golden estrous works ive had bucks come straight to it on my wicks lip curl and lick it money well spent
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:38 am

I tryed it afew years back and didn't have much luck. The commercials make it look like its gods gift to the hunter  lol...

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:46 am

I've used it for a few years.  Can't say that it has ever attracted deer.  Have had a few smell the wick, but they tended to be the young ones.  Smell isn't bad, it does smell like licorice.  I buy it because it's one of the less expensive brands, and I figure if nothing else it works as a non-threatening cover scent.

At the end of the year I mix everything I have left over into one bottle then put it in my scrape dripper come July.  That seems to work for getting deer to visit the area, although I've never had one hit it during daylight hours while I was in a stand, they do tear up the ground a bit underneath the dripper.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:17 pm

i tried it years ago with no results to speak of. i do use the golden estrous in mock scrapes. outside of that im very sold and loyal on realdeer by shannon outdoors.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

RNC

Postby RNC » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:04 am

My dad has had good success with Trail's end. My self my favorite liquid scent is pure vanilla. Other then that I have been using the scent wafers. Mostly fresh earth and white oak acorn for cover scents. I have also used the buck rut and doe estrus waffers during the rut.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 am

the trails end was so so for me but the golden estrus worked well."Ive had em stop in the exact spot i wanted them  to cuz of that stuff.I also use the scent dripper for mock scrapes and that also works
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to General Discussions