Poachers Pay After Getting Truck Stuck

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
retiredsailor

RE: Poachers Pay After Getting Truck Stuck

Postby retiredsailor » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:19 am

I agree that the penalty here seems to not fit the crime. Confiscation of the gun or guns used during the actual poaching seems appropriate, and I think we should go even farther and these people should be banned from owning or possessing any type of gun for some period of time - perhaps several years. Take the truck as well since it was used for illegal activity. How about 40 hours of Community Service, picking up road kills or some such function? Hunting license doesn't seem to be important to them, but I also think that they should be banned from legal hunting for a longer period, 3 to 5 years might be appropriate. This all may sound tough, but if the punishment isn't severe enough, they will soon be doing this same thing again, and a light punishment does nothing to discourage others from thinking they might give it a try.
I recently had a friend in San Antonio receive a $250 fine for illegally turning right on a red light. When I compare these two 'crimes' and the resultant punishments, I see something that looks to me like 'justice' isn't really equally distributed.

bowhuntr15

Postby bowhuntr15 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 am

These fools are probably laughing at all of our hunting community and the Ohio system.  They already hunt without licenses, what good does it do to revoke that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are probably hunting as I'm typing.  they disgrace hunting....., and they did it on private property, no permission, and still expected the owner to help! It's not because they are young, I know a lot of respectful young men and women.  These two fools just never got it, and probably never will get it - respect and a good old fashion set of principles & ethics, that is.  I feel for the landowner, the hunting world, the youth they misrepresent, and the stars of all,  the game we pursue.  Just my opinion. And NO, I don't feel the fine and punishment fit the crime they committed on what I do with a deep passion.  Practice, scouting, get legal permission, hunt public land where no vehicles are allowed, pay all license fees in MO & IL, you get the point!   
"Perseverance, Practice, Integrity"

flaDAWG

Postby flaDAWG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Just 1 of da flaw'd system's we live N...i no sum1 who did less than that unintentionaly(did i spell that rite?) an lost their's for 3 years....they were out west hunt'n 1 of them foreign deer,falo,r sump'n like that...well they shot 1 an da hole herd start'd run'n,he thru another shot N butt it was wrong deer...wound up kill'n 2 by mistake...took his license for 3 years...This guy is a respectful hunter,no bad record,never been N trouble with law just made da mistake at throw'n that second shot N there...
Hope U all R dew'n finer than frawg hair!...Bsafe!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:50 pm

Well if that ain't one of the screwiest fine schedules I've ever heard of. Poaching deer is poaching deer ... why should one guy pay less of a fine just because the deer he poached had a smaller rack?

BTW: Altho I don't know how often they do it, in NYS they can & do confiscate everything used in the commission of the crime ... including the vehicle.

And revoking a poacher's hunting license is the final absurdity ... bet they were real broken up over that.
[8D][8D]

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Please do not write like that!!!

Previous

Return to Breaking News