Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
ajkrem22

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby ajkrem22 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:01 am

New to the Forum, just joined last night. I am hear because not to many of my hunting freinds have the same passion I do for deer and hunting them. Most of the guys I hunt with end the "deer hunting" conversation once we get out of the woods. My fiance doesn't have a clue about deer so I don't have to many people to talk to about it. I figured I would join not only to continue the "converstions" but I also have a huge thirst for knowledge and truely want to learn everything possible about deer and hunting them. So I joined D&DH forums where I am sure there are hunters out there with the same passion and thirst for deer.

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:42 am

Welcome aboard 'ajkrem22'. Think you will find this is exactly the place you have been searching for. Nearly everyone on this forum has that "fire-in-the-belly" passion for deer hunting and particularly during the off-season this forum stays alive with all sorts of discussions. I have learned a ton of useful things here and especially enjoy hearing of other's experiences in the deer woods. I also find the comments regarding equipment to be very helpful. Hope you will contribute to the informative and often lively discussions we have here and share some of your exploits with us all.

ajkrem22

Postby ajkrem22 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:07 am

Good to hear you have learned alot from this forum "retiredsailor". Hope I can be as lucky and that I can share some of the knowledge or lack there of to everyone here. Getting married this fall (I know what real hunter gets married in the fall) and I know I won't be in the woods as much as I would like to. Hope I can pick up some info on this forum and use on some properties I am currently hunting. Would love a chance at this really nice buck I could't get a shot at last year.

Andy

Hurckles

Postby Hurckles » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 am

I've read the magazine plenty of times. I think it's a great opportunity to interact with the experts as well as other hunters.
If you're not working to protect hunting, you're working to destroy it---Fred Bear

---Hurckles!

avnrss

Postby avnrss » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks Goose! I really appriciate it!
Thanks Goose! I really appriciate it!

mohican

Postby mohican » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:00 pm

I have purchased or subscibed to D&DH for a long time (since the mid 1990s.)   I am on the e-mail list, and occassionally look a specific forum item when they create an on line article/issue about it.    Plus, some of the other forums I used to frequent are moribund, so I'll give this a shot.

lando

Postby lando » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:25 am

I will tell you when I was first told about this forum, I was a little shy. Most of the ones I stopped at to read where a bunch of kids trying to act like TV hunters, or complaining about something! Then I started reading this forum and man, let me say there is a lot of info! This forum has people I could sit down with and just milk their brain for info! Thank god for you people and this forum! Even the new comers have info I can use! And no one complains about what someone else wrote. It all info all the time! Just wish they had a mobile version. So every thing isn't choped up! Thank you deer and deer hunting and thank you people for sharing your knowledge! It is getting put to good use!

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 am

Glad to see all of you newcomers! Pull up a chair around the fire and chime in!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Walking Crow

Postby Walking Crow » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:49 am

I have joined other hunting sites but, I found this one first and formost the most Civil I have been on. I belonged to a Whitail Hunting site that had the most crude , rude and ignorant people on it. The management of the site just turned a blind eye towards it.This site seems so far to be 180 deg opposite of that one. great people here. great information . One that I would not mind my grand kids to see.

Bob D

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:36 am

ORIGINAL: Walking Crow

I have joined other hunting sites but, I found this one first and formost the most Civil I have been on. I belonged to a Whitail Hunting site that had the most crude , rude and ignorant people on it. The management of the site just turned a blind eye towards it.This site seems so far to be 180 deg opposite of that one. great people here. great information . One that I would not mind my grand kids to see.

Bob D

Thanks, Bob, for saying that. We need all the people we can get who want the kind of site you want, so thanks also for joining. I see you have only two posts, so I'm guessing you've lurked here for a while. It strikes me as odd that people think they have complete freedom of speech to say anything they want on Internet message forums. They don't. They have only the freedom the person who's paying the bills gives them.

Welcome to the D&DH forums.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions