D&DH Lands Three in Top 10 Hunting Celebrities List

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Ben Sobieck

D&DH Lands Three in Top 10 Hunting Celebrities List

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:43 am

Three of Deer & Deer Hunting's own are among the most-liked personalities in the hunting industry, according to a national online poll by Outdoors Magazine.

D&DH Editor Dan Schmidt was selected as the seventh most favorite hunting personality. Contributing Editor Charles Alsheimer finished in ninth place. More than 900 people took this installment of the Outdoors Magazine Public Opinion Poll (POP).

Taking home the most votes was rock-and-roll legend, hunting advocate Ted Nugent. Nugent, who has also been a longtime D&DH contributor, garnered 24 percent of the vote. Second place went to legendary Northeastern deer hunter Hal Blood. Rounding out the Top 10 were: the Benoit Brothers, Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo, Michael Waddell, Tiffany Lakosky, Schmidt, Mark and Terry Drury, Alsheimer, and Bill Jordan.

Also receiving votes were Larry Weishuhn, Lee Lakosky, Tom Miranda, Dick Scorzafava, R.G. Bernier, Chris Brackett, Bob Foulkrod, Cameron Hanes, Stan Potts, Neil Dougherty, Cindy Garrison, Toxey Haas, Haley Heath, and Bob Humphrey.

"This initial poll was designed to gauge the public's perspective concentrating on the role of television and celebrities in the sport of hunting," said James C. Austin, president of Elk Publishing. "Respondents were allowed to select up to three personalities they considered to be 'favorites.' Rankings are based on a culmination of these numbers."

Learn why D&DH continues to lead the pack. Click here to order Dan Schmidt's book Whitetail Wisdom. Click here to check out Charles Alsheimer's book Strategies for Whitetails.

Bryan78

RE: D&DH Lands Three in Top 10 Hunting Celebrities List

Postby Bryan78 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Congrats guys!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I think it's rather sad that there's relatively few real "experts" mixed in with the self-promoters.

Please tell me that you're not going to waste space in the next issue of D&DH reporting on this. It's not relevant.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

badtoys

Postby badtoys » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Charles Alsheimer should have won hes the most instructive
WARNING: The lead contained in this bullet has been known to cause severe injury and even death. when travelling at over 2100 feet per second.Surgeon General's Warning: Getting smoked by one of these bullets may behazardous to your health.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 am

I agree, but this contest has nothing to do with expertise. It's a popularity contest. Similar to a "People" magazine article for deer hunting, and just as shallow.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DREAMER

Postby DREAMER » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:53 am

All good ones except the Nuge

shaman

Postby shaman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 am

Congrats!!!

Frankly, I'd put some of our own pro-staffers up against some on the top-10 and certainly up against some of the also-rans. 

Woodsey's right-- a few sincere experts against a bunch of self-promoters.  Humans are like bass:  most will strike at anything shiny. I'm happy to see D&DH  get its due recognition, and its contributors likewise.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

willseyville

Postby willseyville » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:36 am

mr.alsheimer would have received my vote the man has a world of knowedge on whitetails and what makes them tick . but i don't understand way some have bad feeling about ted i don't agree with some of hunting tactics and yes he's a self-promoter but he does get the younger people interested in hunting and is vocal about hunting and gun rights so he's not all bad . i feel we need to get the word out there and most of all the people on the list do a pretty good job of it[:D] wayne

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 am

I've said this before, but congrats to D & DH on this accomplishment!
QDM!

Return to Breaking News