Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Goose

Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby Goose » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Have experience with Bushnell's Trophy Cam? Please let us know how you rate them and what you like and dislike.
Camera details - http://www.bushnell.com/products/trail- ... 5A383D82B&
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

motorbreaker

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby motorbreaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:16 am

I have two of these cameras, Just bought the second three weeks ago, They are the best ir cameras i've used. The
battery life is second to none that I have used.
Moltrie, Stelth, Wildlife inovations, And Cuddeback.
This morning I checked my cameras and the older Bushnell
had quit working. I will be taking it back to Bass Pro and
exchanging it for a new one.
  I have never had a game camera that didnt have some
kind of problem with it sooner or later.  Jake

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:20 am

Sorry, I forgot to downsize the pics.
I'll try again.  Jake

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:19 am

I own 2 of these cameras and for me it was the first time having a camera that was IR.  I really like the video mode and how it shows how much battery life you have left.  The trigger speed is also great and the picture quality is good.  I also like how it has a 3 picture burst mode and a fast recovery time.  Battery life is also great.

I dislike how some pictures are dark if its set in the woods and its getting dark out.  The camera thinks there is enough light so it doesn't switch to IR.  Also some of the IR photos are a little grainy but for the most part you can see the deer clearly.
Scott

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:32 pm

I have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Camera with the built in viewer. In my opinion the viewer 1.8 inch is useless. I have the cameras set for 30 second video with 10 second delay. These cameras will take picture or video depending on the setting. These cameras are limited to 2GB SD card, but with this setting I am able to get between 60 to 65 video. They are color by day and black and white at night. Bushnell recomends SanDisk cards. I have been using SanDisk, Kodak and Verbatim with excellent success. I swap out my cards, view them on my computer, save what I want and delete the rest. I format my cards in the computer due to using them in various other camera brands. I also format the card when installing it in the Bushnell camera. Bushnell recommends this. The camera can be used with either 4 or 8 AA batteries. If using only 4 batteries, they must all be installed in the top or the bottom section. Each section of four is wired in series, then the two sections are wired in parrallal.This maintains six volt, not 12 volt. The camera also has an external six volt port. The camera uses a slide switch, (on, set up, and off). Do not go directly from on to off or vice versa, as this can damage the camera. After set up, remember to slide the switch to on. If left in the set up position, you will not get any pictures or videos and the batteries will die fairly quick as the camera is drawing power.
At the present time I am using Pure Energy rechargeable batteries, which are available at most Wal Mart stores.
I have not tested these in winter. If these are not satisfactory for that season, I have Lithium Ultimate 8X. I am extremely happy with the long battery life of this camera. Bushnell quotes up to one year using 8 Lithium batteries. Be very careful not to over tighten the strap especially in colder weather as the buckle is not very strong. If the camera gets jarred or wacked by a bear etc. that video can: 1) be shorter in time, 2) can be partially discolored or even go all red. The following video will return to the normal setting. Low batteries will also cause shorter video length. Bushnell warrants the camera for two years which is a big plus.

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Bushnell Trophy cam set at 8mp.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:09 am

Happy with mine so far, only complaint is that when the sun is just right the picture are white, you can make out the images but they are really hard to see. I fixed this by moving the camera to a different tree in the same area so that the sun wasn't shining directly on it in the evenings. No problem since.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:03 pm

motorbreaker: Very nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:29 am

yes thanks, those are great pictures.  In two of them you can see a buck in the middle of flicking his tail.  No to very, very little blur. 

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:31 am

Motor, which model camera are these pictures from? 

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras