Wildview Camera Reviews

Goose

Wildview Camera Reviews

Postby Goose » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 am

Please let us know your experience with Wildview cameras. How do you rate them and what are your likes and dislikes?
Wildview info - http://www.wildviewcam.com/
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

lostmyarrow

RE: Wildview Camera Reviews

Postby lostmyarrow » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:02 pm

I have the early version "Wild View Ez Cam", a total of 10 each. Originally, 4 were returned for warantee. These cameras only take pictures: no video. They tend to go into a sleep mode to save power which is supplied by 4ea. C batteries. The camera has an external 12 volt port which I have used extensively coupled to a 300 series 12 volt Energizer battery. By using this battery I was able to take pictures in much colder weather (down to -30 degrees F.) as compared to using the C batteries. This external power has far more storage capacity allowing for colder weather use. The disadvantage being the extra weight when moving and easier to see. At present (summer months) I am using Pure Energy rechargeable batteries, available at most Wal Mart stores. I was well satisfied with the pictures (color by day, black and white by night). The camera should be set up at a feeder or bait station or facing along a trail, not across it. Do not set the camera facing into the rising or setting sun as this will cause over exposure or white outs. These cameras do not have an internal memory to save time and date when changing batteries. These cameras can be very tempermental: (one time they seem to love eating batteries, the next time they will last for quite awhile), also doing a time and date setup, they will go to ESC, so switch to off, then retry. They have a well built, leak proof housing and a larger tie strap than most other cameras. I have purchased them as twin packs from $99.00 to $139.00 Canadian before taxes. Warrenty is one year.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 am

to be honest, I would not have purchased this camera but my wife gave to me as Christmas present, which was very thoughtful of her.    Never worked. Last month I finally sent back, they mailed me a new replacement camera, upgraded to an EZ CAM II I believe.  I put in the woods last week and it is so hot I have not been back to check.  My biggest complaint is the limited size of memory card you can use, 512 is max I believe.  That will hold plenty of pictures but they are hard to find that small anymore.    I will post again once I check the camera.

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:53 am

Lot to Learn: I have 10 of the early version: WildView Ez Cam. These will only take pictures. These cameras are good if set up over a bait or along a trail as: 1) they have a slow trigger speed and 2) they go into a sleep mode to save battery power. I am able to use the following SD cards: Lexar 512 GB, 1GB and 2GB as well as SanDisk 2GB. I have since purchased 2 each of the SpyPoint IRB and 7 each of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. SpyPoint and Bushnell were purchased because of video capability. The Bushnell has exceptional battery life and smaller physical size. My Bushnell has the built in viewer (1.8 inch). I would not buy another with the viewer, due to its small viewing area and additional price. I just swap out the Sd card and view it on my computer. Hope this helps.

Lot to Learn

Postby Lot to Learn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:01 am

how far from the trail do you set the wildviews?  I had it out around a week, maybe 5 days min,  14 pictures and 3 were of me setting up.  Heavy deer area, looks like a freeway so I know more than 11 deer  went by in that time. 

jonboy1984

Postby jonboy1984 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:30 pm

I was at Blains farm and fleet today and they had those cams on sale for 50$ each !  But i bought a range finder instead.

lostmyarrow

Postby lostmyarrow » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 am

Lot to Learn: I usually set the cameras either facing along a trail or if possible where a trail intersects. In your area, if you are allowed to use bait, this would be better. These cameras tend to go into a sleep mode to save battery power. At a bait station the deer will mill around longer giving the camera a chance to wake up. This is why these cameras may show 3 pictures that are black if set for the three shot burst. These cameras are slow triggering, another reason for either missed animals or a partial animal. Another suggestion, do not face the camera into the rising or setting sun as this will over expose the picture causing a white out. Most times facing across the trail causes a total miss unless more animals are following close behind each other. At a bait station 15 to 20 feet should be sufficient and 3 to 4 feet above ground. Hope this helps.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm not even sure what model my wildview is but I believe its the wildview extreme 4 version.  The trigger speed is ok takes about 3 or 4 seconds to trigger and batteries last about 3 weeks for me.  Quality is decent.  For a starter camera it works great.
Scott

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm not sure what model of Wildview I had ($99), but it had an extremely slow trigger.  The flash was so weak that night pics were out of the question.  Picture quality was o.k.  I was disappointed enough (and tired of wasting batteries) that I gave it to a co-workers' son so he could use it as a toy.

colomabuck

Postby colomabuck » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I have 3 wildview extreme 2's and I'm very happy with them. One is on it's 4th season, they do just enough to give me what I want to see on our land, Nice pictures and the price is nice too. Can be found for less than 50 bucks when on sale.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras