Bow turkey ...deer...bear

msbadger

Bow turkey ...deer...bear

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:21 am

It all starts at the same time and it's a week short this year ...I'll be loaded down with calls...which to use ...which to use [;)]....Any how I'll be looking for this guy...got pics 2 wks prior to spring opener but he disappeared...lots of feathers in woods early drop on acorns and beech...hope to see him during fall season.....

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0029.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0031.jpg" border="0" alt="spring tom"></a>

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/IMG_0028.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>

JOEL

RE: Bow turkey ...deer...bear

Postby JOEL » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:51 am

best of luck to ya getting that tom.i havent looked at the dates yet i knew we where losing a week of bow but when does turkey start?i thought it was october 1 ?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Joel It may well start Oct 1 if your up north...lucky you...but in my neck of the woods...fingerlakes it starts Oct 18th...the same day as bow bear and deer...

Which....today Mr. B and son got to see a #380+ Blk bear that totaled a womans car this morning...while we were discussing their morning adventure a pic comes over sons cell and it's a guy holding up a near man size cougar the message from his friend was ...This was hit in Springwater today....trying to confirm but unable to reach him...If so...DEC is going to have a hard time denying this one......

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/29461.html im in the southern tier actually i start the 1st.i hunt my friends place sometimes that in 7r.I am making a special trip for my birthday to hunt the adirondaks in late september
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm

eddie will be interested in that cougar pic

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 am

Yellow...Orange...Light blue...Oct 1.........

Dark blue and green(where I hunt)....is  Oct 18 and it's one bird only.....suppose I could  try public land in your areas...but have a hard enough time not being shot on our own land....[&o] 

Still trying to confirm the cougar text from his friend....big cat...my mind keeps going to the 4:30 am walks to my stands in the dark and thinking something like that could have been out there in the dark....bears never bothered me ...little afraid of bumping a skunk and having been circled by yotes...has kept me at full alert on those walks but wouldn't stand much of a chance.... I fear from something like that cat..[:o]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 am

yeah i understand i have been stalked twice leaving the woods spooky to say the least

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:56 am

Called DEC today and the cat text is a hoax going around the web....shot some place out west....still got me thinking about those long dark walks through the woods...funny...hunting is about the only time I'm not afraid to walk the land at dark...well here at home NEVER at camp...I do but usually hairs breath from jumping out of my skin ...until I hit the stand...[&:]

Return to New York