County Wants to Tax Deer Stand

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Dan Schmidt

County Wants to Tax Deer Stand

Postby Dan Schmidt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:40 am

Minnesota county claims man's deer stand is a "permanent structure," thus they want to make him pay property tax on it!

http://tinyurl.com/2fwfcy5

What do you think?
Daniel E. Schmidt, Editor, Deer & Deer Hunting

bobow

RE: County Wants to Tax Deer Stand

Postby bobow » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:09 am

Money hungry - money grabbin' SOBs is all they are.  What a joke....
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 am

Minnesota? I'm not sure, but I do think that it's run by Democrats, so wha'd you expect? If it doesn't move, they TAX it! And maybe even if it DOES move!

I think they are competeing with Illinois' Democrats to see who can tax itself into prosperity first....like it's ever been done before!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Joe G.

Postby Joe G. » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:24 am

This is just disgusting! November can't come soon enough. Vote the over spending, tax happy bums out!!!
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:38 am

Anyone with common sense would be ashamed to make such a ridiculous statement.

He's just still mad at his parents for naming him "Gale", so he's trying to make life hard for someone else.
Dave M.

retiredsailor

Postby retiredsailor » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Preposterous! Ridiculous! But not exactly laughable. This is a classic example of some slimy, incompetent, low-level local official, making a silly decision and then holding his ground, like he is doing something terribly important. All this over a potential annual charge of $40.00.
Eventually, this will be properly resolved, likely when someone a bit higher in the local chain of command tells this stupid person to back away from his previous ruling. It is, I'm sure, a source of concern to the owner of this tree stand. Another example of freedom being challenged by a so-called Public Servant. When was the last time you received any sort of "Service" from a Public Servant? Most of them think they are special, when the fact of the matter is, from what I've observed over a good many years, that most Public Servants could be readily replaced by simply grabbing someone randomly off the street.
Of course this is just my opinion.

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Next they'll require us to stop by the DMV to get plates for our climbing stands.

This is outrageous. He already paid sales tax on the stand itself. I'm thinking double taxation???

Maybe he should change his occupation to a professional hunter so he could write off every other hunting related expense as a business deduction?

Ifishandhunt

Postby Ifishandhunt » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I think our politicians, local, state and federal, are a bunch of crooks. This is pathetic. Taxing is not the answer rather the slime ball politicians need to STOP SPENDING our money on nonsense. Then they wouldn't need to keep their hands in our wallets!

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:29 pm

ORIGINAL: Dan Schmidt

Minnesota county claims man's deer stand is a "permanent structure," thus they want to make him pay property tax on it!

http://tinyurl.com/2fwfcy5

What do you think?

Well, if Minnesotans can call Al Franken a senator, it's not much of a stretch to call a deer stand a permanent structure.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Ha ...I've been waiting for this in NYS....They now have all kinds of ideas since these wonderful Ariel photos pick up every thing and all the tax offices are using the technology...I have had logging companies calling and bugging us because " Our Aeriel photos show you have timber we'd like"...Really? did I ask to have my land scanned? Where did you get my # and mailing address....Ya I know easy info[8|]

Next

Return to Breaking News