What trail camera's you use?

extroverted

RE: What trail camera's you use?

Postby extroverted » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 am

Hey all, I use nothing but the wildview cams and a couple of stealth cams. I like the wildview so much that I buy a couple of units each year. I depend on these units 24/7 - 365 days of the year, I make sure that they are mounted before and after the trail that I am watching, so that I can see them as they are walking away.

I like them the most because they have a 12V port that I use an external battery with and then I attach a 5 watt solar panel to back up the unit with constant power. The picture quality is better then most I have seen. Just add a large SD card and you have a package deal!!!!

I have attached a couple of night pictures, look close at the one in the upper left corner and look see at the boner.

John

bubbas1

Postby bubbas1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:36 am

I have 3 Reconyx RC60. Extremely easy on batteries. I have left them out in the woods for 3 weeks at a time and still have 70% batterie life left. This is after taking a couple thousand pics. Extremely rare to get a false trigger. Have camera set for 3 pic bursts and can almost always tell what set it off. (whether it be squirrels, leaves blowing past or a limb moving in the wind)The only thing I would have a slight complaint about would be the night pics can be a bit grainey. Still wouldnt trade them for anything though.
Customer service is top notch. I had a Rc55 and put the card in crooked. It bent the prongs inside the camera. I called Reconyx the see how much to fix and after talking with them they had me ship the camera and fixed it at no cost. Called another time with questions and they walked me thru what I wanted to know.

8ball3290

Postby 8ball3290 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 pm

I use the covert 2's, these are small and take great pics and video. Battery life is awesome. http://covertscoutingcamera.com/ I get mine from mali (outdoor essentials) at http://www.ulmf.net/

deerman69

Postby deerman69 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:36 pm

I have 4 Cuddeback Experts and 2 Cuddeback Captures. I run them all year long and knock on wood, but I've never had any problems with any of them. I guess that's why I keep buying that brand. Over this past winter I didn't check them for 2 months and to my astonishment they were all still taking pics. deerman[:)]

rutchaser

Postby rutchaser » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:26 am

Many moons ago I had a Camtrakker that was pretty good (back then there weren't a lot of options) but I did a Camtrakker search back during the season and discovered they were still around. I called to ask a few questions and found out that they have been building cameras for the law enforcement market. Discreet surveillance they called it. Anyway, I ordered their new MK-10 and it appears to be a rock solid camera. I'm running Moultries and Cuddebacks now so I have something to compare against and the Camtrakker is better in a lot of ways. I could go on about quality which is very good, but there are three things that I really like. First is the power of the flash. Definitely the strongest out there, which translates to nighttime pics WAY out there. I've got experimental backyard stuff out beyond 60 feet even in IR mode. Next thing that really comes in handy is an external mode button. You can shut it down before you mess with it and turn it on when everything is ready, all with a little button on the outside of the camera. Others may have this now but none of mine did. Third thing I like is the viewer/programmer. All the set up menus are in full color on the picture viewer which is bigger than any I've seen and good for these old eyes. Everything else; trigger speed, burst modes, selectable resolution (up to 13 megs as a .tiff file) all very good and it's got a rechargeable pack of computer matched batteries which means I don't have to have a pocket full of C's D's or AA's in my pack at all times.

pickleguy

Postby pickleguy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 am

For the price of the MK-10 it should shoot, gut & cut up your deer for you! I hope it works good but as you know the Moultrie I40 is a better bang for the buck. I just picked one up at the WI Deer & Turkey show for $149.00 with batteries 3 memory cards & a swivel mount. I now have 4 of them & properly positioned they work just fine.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

rutchaser

Postby rutchaser » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am

Didn't say cheap, just good. It's made in Watkinsville GA about 2 hours up the road from where I hunt. Guess that's part of what I like. All American made, they even build their own digital cameras rather than rewire imports according to the girl I spoke with. I'm sure all that hand work drives up the price. Moultries have done a good job for me, too.

ILLBowHunter

Postby ILLBowHunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:41 am

Deerman69 what kind of memory card do you use for you cuddeback captures?

cabbage head

Postby cabbage head » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:50 pm

Started off using Cuddeback (non typical) 35mm and these worked ok for the technology. My buddy gave me a Cuddeback Expert and it worked the first fall, but problems started with the housing not sealing and insects getting inside. I had always been impressed with non typical's customer service, but all Cuddeback wanted to do was to sell me a Cuddeback Capture at a discounted price. I even wrote to the owner and got very little help. Today I use a Bushnell Trophy cam and have had good luck with it. I accidently started using the video and have some nice footage, Easy to use and small. I don't know if you will get a years worth of battery life in Wisconsin's winters?

tjmeyers

Postby tjmeyers » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:36 am

I'm using two Moultrie I50 cameras. They take great pictures day or night. They've even survived multiple bear swats.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras