Scent eliminating Clothing

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
DeerAddict

Scent eliminating Clothing

Postby DeerAddict » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 am

Does anyone suggest wearing Scentlock, Scent Blocker, or any scent eliminating clothing for an october bow hunt? Or should I just wear a regular long sleeve tee shirt?? I've never worn any of that kind of scent reduction clothing so i'm not sure.

If you suggest wearing the scent reduction clothing, what brand should I use?? Does it matter which I choose??

Woods Walker

RE: Scent eliminating Clothing

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:31 am

Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Depends on the budget you're under. WW has a point, scent clothing doesn't regenerate like they once advertised, however if you can afford it, why would you not choose to give yourself every possible advantage you can. It has been proven that carbon reduces (to what degree, i'm not going to argue) scent. Who knows how much scent carbon will absorb before it no longer will absorb additional scent???
There is no guarantees with hunting, but this cuts both ways. You could shoot a big buck in jeans and a white tee shirt if the all the varables were right, but I doubt many hunters go out in that type of gear.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:44 pm

IMO it's a waste of money, regardless of brand. But it's your hard earned cash, spend it how you see fit.

I've never used it, I hunt on the ground, and I get VERY close to all kinds of deer undetected every season. Keep yourself and you clothing/gear clean, and play the wind.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh, and just for the record.....the COURT'S record....they don't "eliminate" anything, except your money.

In the very near future, they will no longer be able to use the term "eliminate" anywhere in their advertising, or on the garment's label.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:11 pm

its a proven scam. spend your money on something usefull, new bow or gun
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

extroverted

Postby extroverted » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 am

yes I agree that it's a scam, just try to stay way from being winded, place 2 or mor stands and hunt with the wind in your face.

if you think for a min, that they wont smell you think again!!!

scottflesher

Postby scottflesher » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:58 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Oh, and just for the record.....the COURT'S record....they don't "eliminate" anything, except your money.

In the very near future, they will no longer be able to use the term "eliminate" anywhere in their advertising, or on the garment's label.

I think it's a play on words Woodsie. Heck there are scent eliminator sprays out there that say they "eliminate" your scent. They don't say how long they eliminate it for, maybe just for a few minutes. ---I'm sure the court had plenty of experts to testify (chemists and other occupations like that) but i'm not so sure that every ruling that the courts make is 100% accurate either.

DEERBOSS

Postby DEERBOSS » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:18 pm

I AGREE WITH THE REST OF THE GUYS THAT IS JUST A SCAM. WHAT I DO IS PUT MY CLOTHS IN A TOTE THAT CLOSES TIGHTLY AND I PUT TREE BRANCHES IN THE TOTE WITH THE CLOTHS. I HUNT ON A FARM THAT HAS ALOT OF PINE TREES SO I JUST TRIM SOME OFF AND THROW IT IN WITH MY CLOTHS. EVEN DOING THIS IVE BEEN BUSTED BY DEER GETTING DOWN WIND OF ME.

THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE IS HUNT THE WIND AND PRAY FOR A LITTLE HELP FROM THE MAN UP STAIRS!

BEST OF LUCK!

GIVEM THE SHAFT!!!!!

flatpicker

Postby flatpicker » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 am

Don't buy the scent blocker clothing, spend the money on some 99% or Premos silver spray. This stuff really works or just make your own out of baking soada and distilled water, you can find the recipe online. Or just do what I do hunt the wind, and put a lot of time in the woods.
Veteran Flatpicking Guitar Player
www.jdsguitars.com

Next

Return to Archery and Bowhunting